Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: n80: pc suite cant find tracks on my pc ?

Registered Member

n80: pc suite cant find tracks on my pc ?

im running windows xp,ive just downloaded the pc suite today,and im connected by usb cable.i have certain tracks on my pc that the audio manager cant find.they are all m3u tracks.ive checked/unchecked the box under options/settings etc
i have no trouble ie when i copy from a cd to my collection,so why would the pc suite not find these tracks
thanks
gaz
Please use plain text.
Sage
mac_freak

Re: n80: pc suite cant find tracks on my pc ?

Hi

The problem is that m3u is not a music format; it is a playlist format. This file doesn't store music data; only data
that references the files as a certain group of songs as it was arranged.

What you need to do is to search for mp3,aac or m4a tracks in your PC which the Audio Manager all supports. It may also be that the ripped music files maybe is not in the proper supported format by the Audio Manager so first try converting them into the above mentioned formats.

Are you using the latest PC Suite version, 6.80.22? This includes the new Music Manager software by Nokia. This may help more in finding your tracks in the PC.

cheers.
The world might be a better place if you were I.
Please use plain text.