Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Re: nokia music - fails at the install media compo...

Registered Member

nokia music - fails at the install media component???

Anybody help here.  Havbeen trying to install the my music but fails to do the media component part on pc. Tis driving me mad.  Any ideas please.

Please use plain text.
Employee
elinahlberg

Re: nokia music - fails at the install media component???

Hi!

Have you tried disabling any firewall you might have running while installing Nokia Music?

It would also help if you can take a screenshot of the error and then attach it to this thread.

Kind regards,

Elin

------------------------------------------------
http://www.nokia.com/support
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
twaltari

Have you looked at the Windows Event Log (Control Panel -> Administrative tools -> event viewer -> application) ? Does it contain any Nokia related entries? 

One thing you could try is install Windows Media Player 11 and after that retry install Nokia Music.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Hi,

I think i have the same problem too. There is a "Failed. Network Error" msg when i tried downloading nokia music.

I have disabled my firewall when downloading it but it still doesn't work.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Me too. Must be a Nokia bug. Is there an update somewhere?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I think Nokia have fixed it. Try again.It worked for me today.
Please use plain text.
Contributor

No, it isn't fixed, at least for me as of 29th June. I'm still getting the network error message and it's driving me mad because I can't do anything with music on my phone.

Any other suggestions anyone?

Please use plain text.
Contributor

I am facing the same problem.

The Windows Event Log says the following w.r.t Nokia Music installer:

Nokia Software Installer 3.1.232 (NLib 0.7.487)

Permission denied

Stack trace:
    .\NHTTPRequest.cpp(56) : CNHTTPRequest::smileyfrustrated:tatusCallback
    .\NHTTPRequest.cpp(624) : CNHTTPRequest::HandleStatusCallback
    .\NHttpFileDownload.cpp(695) : CNHttpFileDownloadInfo::smileytongue:artialDataReceived
    .\NFile.cpp(46) : CNFile::smileysurprised:pen
    .\NFile.cpp(86) : CNFile::smileysurprised:penEx
    .\NFile.cpp(84) : CNFile::smileysurprised:penEx

Any help would be deeply appreciated.

Cheers,

IP

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Hi folks,

I have finally solved it!!

Just go to the following location in your main drive:

Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\NokiaMusic\Installation 

Here you will find the Nokia Music.msi installer. Double click it..follow the instructions...and voila!, your brand new Nokia Music gets installed with a much better interface ( like Itunes !! ).

Do let me know if you have any problems with this approach.

Cheers,

IP 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I get the error message "Network Error" when trying to download Nokia Music. It starts downloading the 95MB file and then gives up at some point (which varies). This is really frustrating for me as I had a fully working system on Comes With Music and because I updated the software on my phone, it was no longer recognized. Following the instructions for the Nokia Care, I have deleted everything, now I can't even start to rebuild my music collection. What to do next?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I have just purchased a 5630 xpressmusic. I have spent the past 2 days trying to get the Music Player in Nokia PC Suite to install. I always get the message "Failed. Network error" halfway through downloading the 95MB file.

I certainly have no problem in installing the PC Suite. It is when I click in the "Explore Music" icon that I am prompted to download this file and everything comes to a halt. I have uninstalled and installed the PC Suite countless times.

This is certainly a complete pain and absolute dissapointment, given all the hype with which Nokia markets this phone and considering how user-friendly every Ipod I have bought has been.

I have read all the solutions proposed in this thread, but none of them works for me. I am using Windows XP with the latest service pack.

I request Nokia to provide an immediate solution for this, PLEASE!!!!!!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Having exactly the same problem:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Nokia Software Installer
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1
Date:  7/10/2009
Time:  19:50:47
User:  

Computer: 
Description:
Nokia Software Installer 3.1.232 (NLib 0.7.487)

Permission denied
 errorcode: 13

Stack trace:
 .\NHttpFileDownload.cpp(447) : CNHttpFileDownload::WorkerProc
 .\NHttpFileDownload.cpp(513) : CNHttpFileDownloadInfo::WaitForReady
 .\NHTTPRequest.cpp(56) : CNHTTPRequest::smileyfrustrated:tatusCallback
 .\NHTTPRequest.cpp(624) : CNHTTPRequest::HandleStatusCallback
 .\NHttpFileDownload.cpp(695) : CNHttpFileDownloadInfo::smileytongue:artialDataReceived
 .\NFile.cpp(46) : CNFile::smileysurprised:pen
 .\NFile.cpp(86) : CNFile::smileysurprised:penEx
 .\NFile.cpp(84) : CNFile::smileysurprised:penEx

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Got the same problem too! I contacted Nokia support over a week ago about this and had no reply yet. Anyone else contacted them?
Please use plain text.
Contributor

I have been trying to get Nokia support to sort this out for me for three weeks. They have been extremely helpful but at the same time completely useless at sorting the issue out. They speak to me like no one else has this problem, but you all obviously do as well.

None of the solutions above work for me. Nokia Support's answer (after first having me mess around installing, uninstalling, virus checker off, on, firewall same etc...) is for me to download the software to another computer. I explained to them that I haven't got another computer. I'm sure it may well work on another computer, but that doesn't help me does it?

Come on Nokia Support.... sort it out please, I can't get any music on my phone!!!!

Please use plain text.
Contributor

I have just installed the very latest version of PC Suite (Version 7.1.30.9). It came up on my screen this evening saying an inportant update was read..... Well Nokia, that hasn't fixed it either because I get exactly the same error when I try to use Nokia Music. SORT IT OUT PLEASE!!!!!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

[ Edited ]

Worked for me last night. It was a totally different download, a 2 part one.

Kinda wish it hadn't, the new software is poor!

Moderator note: offensive term removed. Please do not attempt to circumvent our language filters.

Message Edited by michaels on 14-Jul-2009 12:32 PM
Please use plain text.
Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have the same problem, installation fails me evrytime :smileymad: , i have 150 euro for music credits but cant use them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! even when i shut down all my security software.

Heres a pic:

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/3683/klotesoftware.jpg

Any help???????????????????? 

Message Edited by mellie187 on 18-Jul-2009 09:55 PM
Message Edited by mellie187 on 18-Jul-2009 09:57 PM
Message Edited by mellie187 on 18-Jul-2009 09:58 PM
Please use plain text.
Contributor

[ Edited ]

I fixt it by instaling with the installation cd rom althooght only windows media component wotn instal,  but it works anyway.

Only some numbers that are on my phone wont showup in nokia music so hope they will fix ALLOT soon!

Message Edited by dazz19 on 19-Jul-2009 08:40 AM
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

'm having the same problem. Its really poor that nokia have not sorted this out. The old nokia pc suite worked fine. I've been trying to get them to sort it since last week, looks like I'll have to return my phone & get a Sony Walkman phone.
Please use plain text.
Employee
elinahlberg

Hi Basil

You may have an olders version of the Nokia Multimedia common component which will not allow the new one from Nokia music to be installed.

Try to uninstall your current component by going to Control panel > Add or Remove program. Find Nokia Multimedia Common Components 2.4 and uninstall.

After this go back to http://europe.nokia.com/get-support-and-software/download-software/nokia-music-old/download and re-download Nokia Music.

Cheers,

elin

------------------------------------------------
http://www.nokia.com/support
Please use plain text.