Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: nokia music - fails at the install media compo...

Registered Member

Re: nokia music - fails at the install media component???

Thanks Elin, sadly this didn't work, I had already used the cleaner to get rid of all nokia applications. I'm sending the phone back in the morning.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

having the same error, no nokia multi media common components installed previously so I cannot remove it.  When updating music player downloading  nokia multi media common components fails.

Please use plain text.
Employee
elinahlberg

Hi Allan!

Try to follow these instructions to make sure there are no old parts of Nokia Music installed previously.

Complete Uninstall Nokia Music

If it does not make any difference, let me know what other Nokia software you have installed and what the exact error message you recieve is.

Thanks!

/elin

------------------------------------------------
http://www.nokia.com/support
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Complete uninstallation and reboot according to instructions above performed.

Same error occurs at same place and the error now is also in Nokia Music installation not only in Nokia Multimedia Components download.

Probably the Components download error is the source.  

(Do not suggest that I will try to reload this at another time since I have tried for some days now with the same error. )

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Firewall turned off completely in 3Com router.

Virus scanning turned off completely, F-secure latest version and database.

All Ovi software uninstalled.

Internet Explorer 8 uninstalled.

PC rebooted.

Then Media Components managed to download

But not Nokia Software Updater 1.6.13 according to pictures attached.  Not critical for me.

No Nokia Home Media Server available on OVI web   download.

No ORB installed in OVI web download.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

When starting the previous version of Nokia Software Updater, the software do detect a new version is available and start download. 

What a mess with all this.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Ovi suite detects version 1.6.3 is available for download, and fails in download.

but Nokia Software Updater installs 1.7.3 which shows up at startup.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

PC updated with software as above.

After installation of Nokia Home Media Server from CD shipped with this does not start.

Probably not compatible with new Media Components or some file missing in installation.

No useful message on how to proceed.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I had the same problems but i got it fixed buy doing like this.

Uninstalled Nokia PC Suite (7.1.30.9) and install nokia pc suit (7.1.26.1) google for Nokia PC Suite 7.1.26.1 version. and then run the Nokia Music setup again. Hope this will work for you all as well...
Please use plain text.

I also struggled with the same issue for a few days, i.e. already the downloads fail.

Found the solution from Event Viewer log, there I discovered the addresses for those two installation files (Nokia_Multimedia_Common_Components_2_4_190.msi and Nokia_Music_Setup_1_3_20722_en_us.exe).Downloaded them directly and the installation was successfully finished in a minute and now my Nokia Music rocks again.

Don't know if this is the supported way of solving this, however.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Thanks, I tried to look for direct download information in the eventlog but did not find anything useful myself.  The files you are describing are not downloadable officially via nokia, but only via ovi sw updater.  If you point out where to find the urls this will we be good info.
Please use plain text.

Here are the links:

http://nds2.fds-ncom.nokia.com/files/support/ovi/software/nokiamusic/1_3_20722/Nokia_Multimedia_Comm...

http://nds2.fds-ncom.nokia.com:80/files/support/ovi/software/nokiamusic/1_3_20722/Nokia_Music_Setup_1_3_20722_en_us.exe

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
twaltari

Hi,

I suspect the download breaks with "Permission denied" because your antivirus starts scanning the file while download is still in progress. What antivirus software are you using and does turning it off fix the download issue?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Network error was the message.  My workarond procedure is some steps up in the thread.  I did not spend time to figure if just the virusscanning was the single source, I did all steps at the same time.   
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
abgr_xenda

i was successfully able to install Nokia Music on Windows Vista after all these trouble and uninstalling many times using these two individual setup files posted by VILLENA (thanks Villena)

Here are the links:

http://nds2.fds-ncom.nokia.com/files/support/ovi/software/nokiamusic/1_3_20722/Nokia_Multimedia_Comm...

http://nds2.fds-ncom.nokia.com/files/support/ovi/software/nokiamusic/1_3_20722/Nokia_Music_Setup_1_3...

Abgr Xenda
Business Consultant

this software does NOT work.

the silly automated setup tries to install out of date dot net stuff that fails as is older than the one you are running (if u keep system patched correctly) but the retard who wrote the software appears to have forgotten to check this so it fails every time

then pc suite (u need) also leaves a service control error 7011 because everytime u boot the pc the phone isn't connected and it upsets windows.....

as for the battery life of 12 hrs on a 5130  (that doesn't yet have any firmware to try and fix) wasting my life yet again on another 23 meg download of junk software and another 20 mins backing up the phone, just so u can find out there are no updates is pathetic. 

WHY NOT JUST POST THE LATEST VESION ON THE WEB AND WITHIN PC SUITE'S STANDARD TOOLS IS AN EASY TO FIND CHECK FIRMWARE ICON, THAT CHECKS THE PHONE VERSUS THE WEB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please use plain text.

Hello,

I 've been just reading through the comments and I've been experiencing these problems also. Nokia Multimedia Common Components fails to download and Nokia Music Store failed to install.

After several atempts I just left it, uninstalled what I did manage to install and turned off my laptop. When I came back to it I decided to download the Music Store again BUT this time I closed Every other program running except for the Install Setup. And it worked!

I'd recommend giving it a try anyway!

Please use plain text.

Thanx, the link worked for me, you are  good
Please use plain text.

Does anyone know where I could download nokia multimedia common components? Because it failed installing when I tried before off the disk that was sent with the phone.

Thanks heaps

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
geddien

Disabling Avast antivirus real time shield solved the problem for my part. No network errors during download/install anymore.

Please use plain text.