Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Avatars, anyone?

Ex-Administrator (Retired)
vandelay

[ Edited ]

I'm happy to tell you that we have just added Avatars to Nokia Support Discussions.

Avatars are icons that you can attach to your user profile. At the moment there are 80 pictures to choose from; 30 Nokia products and 50 other images.

Have a look and choose the one that suits you best! Note that many users can share the same Avatar.

Here's how you add an Avatar to your profile:
1) Click "Edit my info" on the right
2) Choose the "Icons" tab
3) View the folders and just pick the icon you prefer.

Your chosen icon will then be automatically shown on all the posts you've made. You can change your Avatar whenever you want. (Do note that other users may get to recognize you by your Avatar so changing it may lead to a small identity crisis :smileywink: )

We'll be adding new ones regularly so if you have any suggestions for products or images to be included, feel free to post here!

Starting from the rank of Professor, you can use any picture as your personal avatar. Please make it to be 60x60 pixels. If you need any help with editing or uploading a picture, just send me a private message.

Message Edited by vandelay on 18-Jun-2009 11:38 AM

I wrote all my posts from 2005-2011 as an "Admin" for this community. I still work for Nokia as an external consultant, so my rank in all posts is now "Employee".
Please use plain text.
Advisor
schtooo

How about letting us add our own. I am a member of various discussion boards and they all let us add our own avatars, so why not the Nokia Board. Scared?
Schtooo

My Brain Hurts!!!!!
Please use plain text.
vandelay

[ Edited ]
Hi schtooo,

I was sure someone would ask this sooner or later :smileywink:

Well, call me a chicken if you like but at the moment we indeed don't allow users to create their own icons. However, this might be possible for some of the highest ranks in the future.

By the way - are any of the boards you mentioned run by corporations?

Message Edited by vandelay on 23-Nov-2006
08:51 AM

I wrote all my posts from 2005-2011 as an "Admin" for this community. I still work for Nokia as an external consultant, so my rank in all posts is now "Employee".
Please use plain text.
Advisor
schtooo

Actually no. This is the only Corporation run board that I am a member of, the others are all user or fan boards and are moderated by the creator. However I am aware that some avatars have been banned or deleted for various reasons, and this type of issue would have to be monitored on these boards as well. I do not know how difficult this would be, but it would be worth looking into to allow a little more personalisation on the boards.
Schtooo

My Brain Hurts!!!!!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
babdi

We should allowed to add our own icons subject to Nokia's scrutiny. This will add personal touch and make this forum lively
:smileywink:
If my post has helped you please click the white star on the right
Please use plain text.
Contributor

[ Edited ]
I also think that we shall choose our own avatar. Corporation board or not. What ever we post is about our personality, so our avatars should be. We should be accepted so as we are so long we don't hurt the corporate image.

I'm also a member (not very active, in fact) of Nokia Forum. There, things are differend, more professional oriented. This one is a consumer oriented, and consumers are consumers...

Message Edited by onyx on 08-Mar-2007
09:43 PM

09:48 PM

Please use plain text.
Sage
keane

08-Mar-2007
09:40 PM
onyx wrote:
I also think that we shall choose our own avatar. Corporation board or not. What ever we post is about our personality, so our avatars should be. We should be accepted so as we are so long we don't hurt the corporate image.

I'm also a member (not very active, in fact) of Nokia Forum. There, things are differend, more professional oriented. This one is a consumer oriented, and consumers are consumers...

09:43 PM

09:48 PM

YUP!Agree wid it.
And even, sometimes I notice the avatars of products are not updated as soon as they are announced.I cant add E90 till now.
Also, there is fear we may post inappropriate avaters/icons:smileysurprised: so, I think automatic protection should have like everyone post a thread containing explicit it is replaced by *bleep*:smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Did you see how colorful and diverse are people in Nokia advertisement? We, the Nokia phone users, are in fact this people, colorful and diverse. And we love colorful and diverse avatars!
Please use plain text.
Sage
keane

13-Mar-2007
06:00 PM
onyx wrote:
Did you see how colorful and diverse are people in Nokia advertisement? We, the Nokia phone users, are in fact this people, colorful and diverse. And we love colorful and diverse avatars!

Yup! I see it. I guess y are poet or somethin like this:smileyhappy:.

This is WE who made Nokia colorful brand in this world so why WE be deprived of usin our own colorful and diverse wallpapers as OUR avatars?
Please use plain text.
vandelay

OK, we get the point :smileywink:

We are checking this internally and trying to find the best way to do this properly. If we decide to do this - and I'm not yet saying that we will - then most likely this option will be enabled from certain user ranks onwards.

We'll keep you posted.

Please use plain text.
Sage
keane

16-Mar-2007
07:57 AM
vandelay wrote:
OK, we get the point :smileywink:

We are checking this internally and trying to find the best way to do this properly. If we decide to do this - and I'm not yet saying that we will - then most likely this option will be enabled from certain user ranks onwards.

We'll keep you posted.

Thaenks for reponse.

Y mean as ranks get higher user will have the ability to use his own/personal avatars:smileywink:?

That is nice.And is more likely to a reward to a user who works hard and gets higher.
Please use plain text.
vandelay

New avatars added for
N91 8GB, Nokia 5300, E90, N70, N73_music and N76.

Since the pictures are pretty small it may be difficult know exactly which phone is in the picture. You can see the name of each picture in your browser's address bar once you've selected it. So if the address ends with ...e90.gif, you've got the E90.

(And yes, we are still working on the possibility to add your own avatars.)

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

Just what everyone wanted!

I knew you'd do it Vandelay! :smileyhappy:

Thanks
Nokia N95
V 20.0.015
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
korngear

11-May-200707:46 PM
vandelay wrote:

(And yes, we are still working on the possibility to add your own avatars.)

Yes! If I could add my own style of avatars it will be great! The phone models' pics are limited only to the avatars given but if we can add our own customized GIF pics of related phone models....
Yeah!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Any chance of some new avatars for the newer phones like the 7500, 7900, 6500, N81, N95 8gb to name a few?
Please use plain text.
vandelay

Certainly! Please posts requests here. (We don't automatically add every new Nokia product as it's a long list.)

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Cool, please can I have the E65 and 7500 prism please.

Thanks!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

Can you add a Nokia 6120 especially for me? i really like that phone :smileyhappy:

Plus whatever psycho said.
Nokia N95
V 20.0.015
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
korngear

And I asked (if memory not betrays) vandelay in PM when we can add customizable icons.
You said you are on the vacation and come late August and do that.
Please, add that option, it would be great.
I have stunning pic of my N91 and want to see that right beneath my name . :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

Vandelay, do you know an exact date on when these are going to be added?
Nokia N95
V 20.0.015
Please use plain text.