Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Avatars, anyone?

Employee
adamf

Re: Good Job!

Hi Michael,

I am aware the new product icons are going to be available soon, however will there be any new icons under the images or characters section?

AdamF
My posts are my opinion and in no way the direct views of Nokia.
If my posts are helpful, please give me some KUDOS using the green star on the left.
Please use plain text.
Ex-Administrator (Retired)
michaels

Re: Good Job!

There are none in this round, sorry.

As you may appreciate, images of Nokia products are straighforward because we own the copyright to them, but with other images we have to either license them from whoever owns them or make sure that they are free content.

It is certainly something we can look at for updates in the future, but at present there is a lot of work going on in the background on the development of the replacement for the rating system.

Nokia Lumia - the fastest growing smartphone

If this or any post answers your question, please remember to help others by pressing the 'Accept as solution' button.

Please use plain text.
Employee
adamf

WOOOOP!
New avatars are a plenty.
Thanks guys.
My posts are my opinion and in no way the direct views of Nokia.
If my posts are helpful, please give me some KUDOS using the green star on the left.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Finally!

Lots of new models to choose from including the E66, E71, N78, N96 and a load of series new 40 models.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
illinjah

Thank you very much! It turns out that I lost my bet and the avatars showed up before the N96 was relesaed! :smileyvery-happy:

...but since no one bet against me I don´t have betting debts...:smileyhappy:
By clicking the "Kudos!" or the "Solution?" button on the right you can say "Thank You" and you´ll show the author and others that the post is useful.

The day we stop improving is the day we stop being good.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Even more new avatars are available for all of the E series, N series and other recent smartphones.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
hinkefuss25

vandelay schrieb:
We'll try getting the new products up in a few days. As for the personal avatars, we'll try it in the near future.

when is this "near" future? plz make personal avatars possible. this would make it easyer to read cause you dont have to read all the names but can indicateusers by avatar.

PLEASE

°^#>---X6---#^°

sorry for my bad english. i´m german. SCHLAAAAAAAND!
Please use plain text.
vandelay

Personal avatars are available for everyone starting with the rank of Sage  (75+ posts and enough kudos). You can then use a picture from the internet - I use tinypic.com for mine.

I wrote all my posts from 2005-2011 as an "Admin" for this community. I still work for Nokia as an external consultant, so my rank in all posts is now "Employee".
Please use plain text.
Sage
HaPe

I ask for avatar icons for N8, best would be several colors, if not possible, just take the orange one ;-)
N8-00 with orange case, loving it

If my post was helpfull, click on the white star and give me an KuDo ;-)
Please use plain text.
vandelay

We're soon updating the avatars and N8 will definitely be included..!

I wrote all my posts from 2005-2011 as an "Admin" for this community. I still work for Nokia as an external consultant, so my rank in all posts is now "Employee".
Please use plain text.
Sage
HaPe

Hi!

It seem you have added some avatars for N8-00. If I try to choose one (the orange), I get following error message:

An Unexpected Error has occurred
Sorry, your request failed. A notification has been sent to the development team for investigation.Exception ID: 3616109A
Please click the Back button on your browser.      

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

Please use plain text.
vandelay

[ Edited ]

Note - that link takes to the forum feedback area, and you need to be logged in and have 5 posts to see it.

Yes, a strange error happened when new icons were uploaded that messed up some of the filenames. This should be fixed soon.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

Thanks Van! Totally forgot that!
Unlimited Free Image and File Hosting at MediaFire
Please use plain text.
Sage
HaPe

the new N8-00 avatars still do not work.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

[ Edited ]

Please be patient, the delay is with the US based forum software providers, not with anyone here. All we can do is wait.

If you are desperate to get the avatar now you could help people out on the boards to earn kudos and make at least 75 posts to earn the sage rank. You will then have access to the custom avatar feature and be able to use whatever picture you want.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

[ Edited ]

The working N8 (and E7) avatars are now available for use. Just tested them myself and they do work.

Unfortunately the non working ones are still there too so if the first one you click on gives you an error have a look for it's duplicate.

Please use plain text.
vandelay

D'oh! We'll sort the duplicates.

Big thanks to psychomania, who got fed up with us being slow and sent us a beautiful set of new avatars!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

vandelay wrote:

Big thanks to psychomania, who got fed up with us being slow and sent us a beautiful set of new avatars!

Happy to help :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jham07

Please be advised that your post under the thread "Avatar, anyone?" has been moved to OTHER NOKIA PHONES.

Please use plain text.