Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Forum problem with auto-generated threads on F...

Ex-Administrator (Retired)
vandelay

Forum problem with auto-generated threads on Feb 18th 9-9.30PM forum default (UK) time

Hi all,

last night around 9PM board default / UK time we had some problems here. Several new boards appeared, with new ghost users posting nonsense posts. The forum was taken down for about 30 minutes and the problem was located and fixed.

This was caused by a human error by the company that develops the forum software and maintains the servers.

Apparently the tool that is used to auto-populate upcoming forums with automatic texts was turned on by mistake on our live forum, and that created the random posts. So all content that was posted was created by the forum software platform, not by any real person anywhere.

We're sorry that this happened, necessary steps are being taken that this won't happen again. Things should be back to normal now. I didn't get to see the problem personally, (it was past 11PM here in Finland) so by the time I got the call, the problem was already being addressed.  The only problem left as far as I know is that 1 unread post is shown for every board, even if I mark all posts read in that board.

If anyone took any screenshots of the forum while this was happening, please email them to us at support.discussions@nokia.com.

I wrote all my posts from 2005-2011 as an "Admin" for this community. I still work for Nokia as an external consultant, so my rank in all posts is now "Employee".
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
krizanand

Re: Forum problem with auto-generated threads on Feb 18th 9-9.30PM forum default (UK) time

Thanks for posting it Vandelay, was curious to know what it was.

If a reply has solved your problem click Accept as solution button, doing it will help others know the solution. Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

Re: Forum problem with auto-generated threads on Feb 18th 9-9.30PM forum default (UK) time

I actually made a screenshot but deleted it afterwards before reading this thread. However, there were a few new boards having akward and perhaps nasty and to some, instulting names. Of course take in count that english isn't my main language and I might have misunderstood some of it.
Unlimited Free Image and File Hosting at MediaFire
Please use plain text.