Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Ideas and Feedback

Community Manager
musica

Ideas and Feedback

Come One, Come All!

Have a read through our Discussions Guidelines should you have any questions regarding the forum: http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Discussions-Guidelines/Guidelines-read-these-first/td-p/1

Let us know if you have any ideas and suggestions to share on how we can improve Nokia Support Discussions! Just reply to this thread.

Newcomers are welcome to provide their feedback. Oh, if you are a newcomer, Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions!

Cheers! :-D

Nokia Lumia 1020 - nothing comes close Nokia Asha 501 - super smart pocket power 

Follow us on Twitter Watch Nokia Support Videos

Please use plain text.
jekiboi20

Re: Ideas and Feedback

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
singhnsk

Hello guys

Great job with the forum. Here's something that i think can take this forum to another level :smileyhappy:

As we now have Nokia Employees taking part in the forum and helping some guys with their problems. How about bringing in more Nokia Employees into the scene with a lesser burden? There are many technical questions which even experienced contributors cannot answer. Something like what was just asked by a user related to Nokia 515 not being able to tether via Bluetooth.

Surely those Nokia guys will have enough of work to do besides taking part in the discussions. So how about giving top contributors (like Psychomania and the other heroes featured on Nokia Conversations) a special 'flag' option which should inform the Nokia Employee(s) that this particular post needs some attention, hence they can provide the right information.

This way important posts/threads won't be missed by the Nokia Employees and they also won't waste time on finding a topic which needs attention.

We can have some members from all of Nokia's teams. Say someone from the great camera team, someone from the design department, someone from hardware department; etc.

This way some specific topics can be further explored and this forum can also provide some sorts of very technical information.

The forum however does stay as a normal peer-to-peer forum with Nokia employees taking part only where its needed.

Over to you guys for now. I've seen this model gaining enough success there at Google product forums. So maybe you guys can think of it :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

singhnsk wrote:
We can have some members from all of Nokia's teams. Say someone from the great camera team, someone from the design department, someone from hardware department; etc.

Yes, a technology evangelist, one evangelist for each technology (IMAP, VoIP, and so on) who runs through the whole company and approaches people/organizations outside. But actually, it would help if we would get better documentation. Each team has a technical writer. Why not use that role? By the way, that Nokia 515 Bluetooth PAN issue is really a perfect example of interoperability which would need a technology evangelist.

Please use plain text.
Community Manager
musica

Thanks  and 

Nokia Lumia 1020 - nothing comes close Nokia Asha 501 - super smart pocket power 

Please use plain text.
Famdat

In the past few years I always use Apple phone and today I have decided to try out 1020 41MP from Nokia but after just open the Nokia 1020 box found out that the color does not match as the box cover.

****Cover show Yellow phone and Yellow Camera adapter but inside the box they ship Yellow phone and black Camera adapter

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Famdat wrote:

In the past few years I always use Apple phone and today I have decided to try out 1020 41MP from Nokia but after just open the Nokia 1020 box found out that the color does not match as the box cover.

****Cover show Yellow phone and Yellow Camera adapter but inside the box they ship Yellow phone and black Camera adapter

You need to take that issue up with the retailer that sold you the phone, we cannot help you with that here.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

Famdat wrote:

After just open the Nokia 1020 box found out that the color does not match as the box cover.

Please, double-check with the printed label: Does that name match the color of the phone inside the box? Nokia has problems to create color matching boxes in several countries around the world, and delivers only one colored box for all colors.

Please use plain text.
Technical Expert
michaels

Hi Singhnsk,

In answer to some of your points:

singhnsk wrote:
As we now have Nokia Employees taking part in the forum and helping some guys with their problems. How about bringing in more Nokia Employees into the scene with a lesser burden? There are many technical questions which even experienced contributors cannot answer. Something like what was just asked by a user related to Nokia 515 not being able to tether via Bluetooth.

We are already working to get more of our colleagues involved, however all Nokia Employee badge-holders are here voluntarily to help the community whenever and to whatever extent they are able along with their primary duties.

singhnsk wrote:
Surely those Nokia guys will have enough of work to do besides taking part in the discussions. So how about giving top contributors (like Psychomania and the other heroes featured on Nokia Conversations) a special 'flag' option which should inform the Nokia Employee(s) that this particular post needs some attention, hence they can provide the right information.

Our moderators and technical experts do monitor Discussions for topics like this which require investigation, and as soon as we are able to provide a solution, we do. Obviously, situations like this are inexpected and in order to provide solutions, we need to reproduce the error that our custoemrs have experienced in order to identify the root cause. If the situation proves to be an issue in the phone software, it can be the case that we have to issue a software update to fix the problem which means there is a certain time involved in deverloping and testing the solution in order to ensure that we get it right this time, however we do work as quickly as possible on such concerns.

singhnsk wrote:
The forum however does stay as a normal peer-to-peer forum with Nokia employees taking part only where its needed.

This is exactly the model that we have, although we are constantly seeking ways in which we can improve the service that we provide in this and all of our support channels.

Thanks again for the time you took in writing to us!

Nokia Lumia - the fastest growing smartphone

If this or any post answers your question, please remember to help others by pressing the 'Accept as solution' button.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

[ Edited ]

michaels wrote:

All Nokia Employee badge-holders are here voluntarily to help the community whenever and to whatever extent they are able along with their primary duties.

Many managers look at motivation theories nowadays: Which motiviation should an Nokia employee have to go here and answer questions? I love the work many Nokia employees do here, but hey, why are you here? Actually, I should not care because it is not my business. However:

To work as an hobbyist beside the primary hours for the *same* company, is against law in many countries, already.

If Nokia Care and Nokia Core is not able to constitute a punishment model within Nokia – bugs and usability issues should punish the causer – then it would be better to throw all Nokia employees out of here. If Nokia fears such a punishment model because of work motivation for their *primary* job, then that is an argument. Nevertheless in history, it hasn’t help any organization to lie on themselves.

Sorry, but the Nokia Support Discussions contruct – involving hobbyist employees – is totally silly here in my little world. Lithium should think a bit about this. If you are not able to evangelist customer-support envolment into an organization after so many years – what are you achieving?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Way I see it is we are just users, stick to answering questions and don't stress about what the Nokia people are (or are not) doing.

If you are truly unhappy about the way this forum is being run you do have the option to log off never to return.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Whats the problem?
I got a nokia 515 the other day,my post is on twitter,it was named plasma on the box whats the big deal here,most likely a variant.
This forum is run well and they listen here so as said above you have that option.
Not painting a pretty photo for myself either,i was chastised here for been a bold boy, learned my lesson and moved on.
If you dont like it,as they say LUMP IT!

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
singhnsk

But guys guys.. That's really how the forum can get a new birth. You see an official response provided by Nokia is going to show up in Google search and quite simply it will reduced many many queries coming directly to various Nokia support channels (regional). There are hundreds of peer-to-peer forums out there, but some good changes can make this super awesome.
I'm not saying that Nokia should take part in each and every post and wherever necessary. Technical questions? Who'll answer them? Its better to get a good official reply than making guesses.

@Abi99 is pretty much right about it. They say that posts are monitored by all the guys, but come on.. Why can't you also write something too? Something like we're working to solve this xyz bug and it will be resolved soon. I still see Nokia working more by its own thoughts than thinking of what customers need. Bug fixes take like years to come. I agree the job is not easy, but you need to make it easy. Quite simply, implement the Rowan system and let's wait and watch how productivity goes up. Nokia guys should actually be here because their job wants them to.

Nevermind i know this discussion is going nowhere. Its easy to move out of something, but its better to try to improve it instead. The world is dynamic and unless organizations/companies adapts to the dynamic nature, its survival is at risk. Things change! They should!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
singhnsk

@Musica and other mods: I am seeing lots of junk coming up during these days. What's going on? Every other day the forums are filled with junk like 'ca££-gurlz' and all that stuff.
As we know any now post in Nokia Discussions is quickly indexed by Google, its really not going good. Why are we not using some spam blocking stuff? Akismet maybe? Hate words are easily blocked out of the individual posts, but such posts are not detected as offensive?
Forum used to be clean, but these days :smileysad: I think implementing Akismet is pretty much of a necessity these days.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

singhnsk wrote:
I am seeing lots of junk coming up during these days. What's going on?

Already discussed there …

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
singhnsk

Cool. Thanks Abi. Cheers!
Please use plain text.
Sage
Kakuno

Can I post ideas and suggestions for other boards (languages) here ? Ie: the Spanish section.
Please use plain text.
Community Manager
musica

Please use plain text.
Community Manager
musica

Hi, Kakuno. Yes, you can. :-) Rest assured we'll forward that to the concerned team.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
meteoricone

Hello, I had an experience w my new Lumia 928 that I wanted to share as it may benefit the community. I had purchased an earlier model Lumia in early 2012 from ATT, but returned it after freezes in the first few days. At that time I went iPhone to be safe. But now iPhone to my wife and I got 928 abt 3 weeks ago. Love the phone, but it froze on me 2-3 times in first 3 days, requiring soft reset. Annoying, but I stuck it out and gave it a try. After initial issues, no freezes! Possibly there is a "break-in period" as with some other products? That sounds unusual for a phone, but that's been the case for me.

So my goal is that if this is common (early freezing), possibly if consumers are aware, they'll know to hang on for a few days and not run back and exchange before the phone is "broken in". This would reduce exchanges and improve the WP community overall, etc.

All that said, I realize the problem could be w the WP8 OS and not the 928...

Thank you.
Please use plain text.