Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Mobile version of the forum now available!

Ex-Administrator (Retired)
vandelay

Mobile version of the forum now available!

[ Edited ]

I am happy to tell you that we have just launched a mobile-friendly version of this forum!

It works automatically by detecting your device and browser, so just visit www.nokia.com/discussions (or any local Nokia site's forum url) on your phone, and you should get this lighter and faster version.

Forum on a N97

You can use all main forum functionalities: register and login, browse all topics, start new ones and reply. You can create your own mobile signature that's only shown to other mobile users.

This is our first version and we haven't tested it with every Nokia model, so please tell us what you think - do you like it, is something not working, what would you like to see added in the future..?

EDIT - Seems like we just found our first bug - for some odd reason some of the text was displayed white on a white background, so some of the posts were unreadable.

We're working on this, and I've just switched off the mobile view for a while.

I wrote all my posts from 2005-2011 as an "Admin" for this community. I still work for Nokia as an external consultant, so my rank in all posts is now "Employee".
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Re: Mobile version of the forum now available!

Vandelay,

Not had chance to test it on a Nokia yet but is it possible to add the following feature to the mobile site:

A toggle link that switches back to the full site.

The reason I ask is because the mobile site appears to have some text display issues on the browser i'm using. The full site works perfectly on that device so would like to continue using it without having to mess about in my browser settings every time.
Please use plain text.
vandelay

That feature should be there and we've tested that it works - but it seems to be aligned to the right on the N97 screenshot. Try this and let us know if something would need to be changed.

Also, if you can send a description / screenshot about the text display issues then we could try taking a crack at fixing it.

I wrote all my posts from 2005-2011 as an "Admin" for this community. I still work for Nokia as an external consultant, so my rank in all posts is now "Employee".
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Found the button, it's off the side of the screen on my browser in an empty white area. It works fine.

Will post shots of the text issue when I get back to a PC later. Seemed to work the first time I used it but now every post is white on white.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Hmm! I've tried the .ie, .co.uk, and the .com sites and I am only getting the full site with the default browser.

Please use plain text.
vandelay

See my edit - we didn't see that one coming :smileyvery-happy: I've disabled this for a while so we can sort out the text/background colors. This was never an issue in testing so we need to go back a bit.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
krizanand

Mobile version works fine now. Congrats! to the team worked behind this and also to you Vandelay for keeping up posted about the latest.

If a reply has solved your problem click Accept as solution button, doing it will help others know the solution. Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
phonehacker

i've also tested the mobile version of the site on my N82.. it seems nice but when i login, it directs me for a little to the full version of the site and then automatically to the mobile version.

If you want to thank someone, just click on the blue star at the bottom of their post

Please use plain text.
vandelay

phonehacker wrote:

i've also tested the mobile version of the site on my N82.. it seems nice but when i login, it directs me for a little to the full version of the site and then automatically to the mobile version.

We've noticed the same - it seems that the Nokia site's header is loaded before the browser is detected and the mobile version is switched on. I hope we can do something about this.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
coolbelief

[ Edited ]

The option to switch to full version is no longer available atleast in portrait view.(which previously was off the side of screen as psycho said, upon scrolling page to left)
tried with default browser, opera mobile 10, opera mini 5.1

Previous Phones: 6600, 7610, 6230, 6230i, 1100, 1112, N70, N73, N95, N95 8GB, 5800XM, 5230, C5, iPhone 3GS, SE Xperia X10, N900, N8, SE Xperia Arc

Current Phones: Nokia N9, iPhone 4
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
phonehacker

@coolbelief
I ve noticed that too...

If you want to thank someone, just click on the blue star at the bottom of their post

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
coolbelief

@phonehacker:

I've reported this, hope they will soon get someone on the case..
Previous Phones: 6600, 7610, 6230, 6230i, 1100, 1112, N70, N73, N95, N95 8GB, 5800XM, 5230, C5, iPhone 3GS, SE Xperia X10, N900, N8, SE Xperia Arc

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

If I turn my phone to landscape the link reappears for me. Agree that it needs moving though as not all phones support landscape view.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
coolbelief

Its still same......waiting to be fixed!!

Please use plain text.
vandelay

We have reported this bug to the forum software developers and hope to get it fixed soon. There was a platform upgrade around that time and looks like this bug was somehow caused by that upgrade.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
coolbelief

No problem vandelay, i can wait....:smileyhappy:

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
steve_p

Just some feedback to say that I am suffering with exactly the same issue... I can't access the full version of the discussion site from my mobile phone using either built in Nokia browser, Opera Mini 5.1 or Opera Mobile 10. There's no link at all either in portrait or landscape.

S.

History: Motorola MR30, Nokia: 7110, 7650, N70, N80, N82, X6 (32GB), Samsung Galaxy SII

Current: Samsung Galaxy Note3 Black

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
coolbelief

@steve

In opera mini 5.1, when in landscape mode, refresh the main page and link should appear at right bottom of the page.

Or add this link as startup page links www.discussions.europe.nokia.com/?device-view=desktop

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
steve_p

[ Edited ]

Cheers :smileyhappy:

Thanks for that Coolbelief. Works a treat!

S.

History: Motorola MR30, Nokia: 7110, 7650, N70, N80, N82, X6 (32GB), Samsung Galaxy SII

Current: Samsung Galaxy Note3 Black

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
coolbelief

Just an update, the link is back as it should be at bottom of the page in both Portrait and Landscape view. Thanks vandelay and the team working behind this.

Please use plain text.