Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: New Look Discussion Board

Ex-Moderator (Retired)

New Look Discussion Board

[ Edited ]
Hi Everyone,

Well, you may have noticed that we have slightly tweaked the look of the Discussion Boards. The new format here should make things easier for everyone and includes a few extras - one of the new features is auto-creating hyperlinks. You no longer need to type in the HTML to create a hyper link, you just need to paste the URL into your post.

Cheers
-
Karim

Message Edited by vandelay on 16-May-2008 11:36 AM
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
g00gle

nokia's best...6230i

nice...really nice.
be precise or keep shut
Please use plain text.
Ex-Administrator (Retired)
vandelay

Re: my new idea phone for nokia

Please use plain text.
Sage
csteelooper

It's really nice to see that the message board lay-out has been tweaked. However... It could do with some more tweaking! I don't know precisely when it started going AWOL, but I was very disappointed about a year ago when I suddenly noticed that the site just wouldn't display properly in Safari (Apple+Windows) and now Google Chrome (Windows). These browsers both use the WebKit engine, for your information.
The display issues are most significant in the topmost navigation bar and, as far as I know from my last visit, only occur on the Discussions site, not the main site. Instead of getting a nice and smooth navbar along the top, users will see an enormous list of hyperlinks that takes up one third of the top of the screen and then suddenly jumps to the right side of the screen, next to the My Information pane.

I wouldn't have found this such a big issue if it wouldn't have influenced the legibility so greatly - albeit in the NEGATIVE sense of the word. It just looks like the browsers fail to load the artwork needed to display the page correctly, including the CSS. Luckily for me, I am able to use Firefox instead, but this surely isn't accessible to everyone and, moreover, isn't improving user-friendliness...

Show me (and countless other Safari, Chrome and other WebKit users) how it's done...! get it back to the way it belongs to be. I like the improved usability of the main board controls, and would certainly like the rest of the site to reflect this change.
V3.0704.1.0.1
19-01-2007
RM-133 Nokia N73(57.01) Product Code:0539338
Please use plain text.
vandelay

Hi csteelooper, and welcome back!

Thanks for taking the time to write. I fully agree with you.

We have been aware of the Safari/S60/Chrome issue. This issue was affecting every Nokia website for a long time, but it was finally fixed last week for every other site except Discussions. These boards have been practically unusable on a S60 browser since May this year.

We are eagerly waiting for our Discussions upgrade which should fix this once and for all. This should happen within the next 48 hours.

My apologies for any inconvenience this has caused on behalf of both the Nokia.com & Nokia Support Discussions teams.

I wrote all my posts from 2005-2011 as an "Admin" for this community. I still work for Nokia as an external consultant, so my rank in all posts is now "Employee".
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

I sincerely hope they do fix this soon. Opera mini is a browser that's far less user-friendly than the S60 built in browser. Being able to uninstall it finally will be a breath of fresh air!

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

[ Edited ]

08-Sep-2008 12:24 PM
vandelay wrote:
We are eagerly waiting for our Discussions upgrade which should fix this once and for all. This should happen within the next 48 hours.

The upgrade guys kept their word. The update was pushed out less than 48 hours after this post of yours and the discussion forum is now usable on the S60 browser again :smileyhappy:

Message Edited by grschinon on 10-Sep-2008 08:10 AM

Message Edited by vandelay on 10-Sep-2008 09:10 AM

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

thanks
Please use plain text.
Technical Expert
michaels

Please use plain text.
kabugo

thank you for informing us about that ,couse it am now so fast when communicating

thanx           regards;   kabugo

spam
Please use plain text.
sarah123456

sorry.. but im new on this nokia site!!
and i dont know why my (open new disscusion link ) is unshaded??
i want to click and open a new one?
cann can i ?

someone plz help !

thanks,

Please use plain text.
vandelay

Hi Sarah,

and welcome to Nokia Support Discussions!

To start a new topic, first select the right category for your topic from the Discussions main page. Then click on the blue "Start new topic" button on the top of the page, below the Nokia Support Discussions text logo.

To reply to any existing post, just click on the "Reply" button within that post.

You can also use the Discussions Search to see if someone else has already asked a similar question about your phone model.

Note that there are some areas, like this "News and Announcements", where only Nokia personnel can start new topics.

Best regards,
vandelay
Nokia Support Discussions Administrator

I wrote all my posts from 2005-2011 as an "Admin" for this community. I still work for Nokia as an external consultant, so my rank in all posts is now "Employee".
Please use plain text.
vandelay

A question about Nokia 500 Auto Navigation has been moved to the Accessories-section.

Please use plain text.
Technical Expert
michaels

Help About Usb Cable

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Kosh

Please use plain text.
periwinkle28

Security code on Nokia C3-00

Please use plain text.
Community Manager
musica

Please Help ME

Please use plain text.
Contributor
strawberrie

I am sorry, don't know where should I post this: where are the forum topics dealing with administreation, how to use this board?

My problem - see attachment:

Where can I unsubscribe from e-mail? I wanted to join the discussion community only, cannot do without receiving marketing e-mail? Come on! No one else force me to accept marketing e-mail for participating on their discussion forum. :smileysad:

- Still on Android -
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
jekiboi20

Hi Strawberrie,

Welcome to the forum! :smileyhappy:

You can disable this by logging in to https://account.nokia.com and then go to "Personal Information" tab. On the bottom part of the page, you will have the option to uncheck the email and mobile messaging option. Communication preference

Let me know if you have any other questions about the forum. You can also read our discussions guidelines. See this link: http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Discussions-Guidelines/bd-p/guidelines.

Enjoy using the forum! :smileyhappy:

Nokia Lumia 1020 - nothing comes close Nokia Asha 501 - super smart pocket power 

Follow us on Twitter Watch Nokia Support Videos

Please use plain text.
Contributor
strawberrie

Enjoy using the forum! :smileyhappy:

Actually,I have been here before. There was a reset and all previous posts were deleted?

Anyways on the registration screen I had to choose to accept marketing SMS/e-mail but now I don't see it in my preferences. Strange.

- Still on Android -
Please use plain text.