Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: New boards for Xseries and Cseries open

Ex-Administrator (Retired)
vandelay

New boards for Xseries and Cseries open

To keep up with Nokia's product naming convention, we have just opened up new forum sections for Xseries and Cseries. We are now moving many of the existing discussions about these devices to the new sections.

The old sections remain the same, so the "Nseries and S60 smartphones" board still hosts also all discussions about 5800 Xpressmusic and other S60 smartphones that do not belong to any of the Series. All S30 and S40 phones that do not belong to any Series can be discussed on the "Other Phones" board.

We hope that this update makes it easier for you to know where to post questions and find answers from.

What do you think - do you have any suggestions for further refining the forum structure?

I wrote all my posts from 2005-2011 as an "Admin" for this community. I still work for Nokia as an external consultant, so my rank in all posts is now "Employee".
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
krizanand

With the addition of Cseries and Xseries under Mobile Products makes it a lenghty one. Products like Mini Laptops and Accessories can be moved to another board, if possible a new one. Mini laptop coming under Mobile products, to me, looks odd. Whats your view? :smileyhappy:

If a reply has solved your problem click Accept as solution button, doing it will help others know the solution. Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

I think the hardware board should be abolished as it often contains posts that fit just as well in other categories.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

Another problem is that most people have no idea what O/S is powering their phones and therefore have no clue whether to post in the "S60/Smartphones" or plain "phones" board.

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
sentimentGX4

[ Edited ]

Shouldn't the 5800 XM, 5230 XM, and 5530 XM technically be grouped with the X series?

The XpressMusic line was the predecessor to the X-series and Nokia basically just swapped the branding. The XM line has more in common with the X series than it does the N series.

Also, it evens out more of the activity on the forums. Having the 5800 + 5230 on the same board as the N97 generate a disproportional amount of activity on the N-Series board.

Please use plain text.
Sea_luv

Hi, pls can i be told more about the xseries
Please use plain text.
Ex-Administrator (Retired)
vandelay

sentimentGX4 wrote:

Shouldn't the 5800 XM, 5230 XM, and 5530 XM technically be grouped with the X series?

The XpressMusic line was the predecessor to the X-series and Nokia basically just swapped the branding. The XM line has more in common with the X series than it does the N series.

Also, it evens out more of the activity on the forums. Having the 5800 + 5230 on the same board as the N97 generate a disproportional amount of activity on the N-Series board.

Good point. We'll discuss this with the forum team.

@sea_luv - please visit the Find Products-section of this website to find more info on any Xseries phone, or post a detailed question to the Xseries board.

I wrote all my posts from 2005-2011 as an "Admin" for this community. I still work for Nokia as an external consultant, so my rank in all posts is now "Employee".
Please use plain text.
Technical Expert
michaels

social network software for C3?

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
coffee_jellly23

Post moved to the Nseries and S60 Smartphones board.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
tadjmen

I want to buy a htc android
but not very good. When the
machine nokia android so
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Products like Mini Laptops and Accessories can be moved to another board . 

Please use plain text.