Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: New rank added for Nokia employees

Ex-Administrator (Retired)
vandelay

New rank added for Nokia employees

[ Edited ]

Hi all,

in the last couple of years, Nokia has participated in online social media in many ways. In addition to this support community, there are several Nokia and Ovi blogs (see http://blogs.nokia.com to find them all), official Facebook groups, Twitter accounts, Beta Labs, Pilots, Forum Nokia for developers.. All these services help Nokia to listen, learn and interact with Nokia owners, and enables Nokia to create better products and services that people love to use. This is also encouraged by Nokia's corporate strategy.

We at Nokia Support Discussions do our best to support these targets and I am happy to announce that as of today, we have started to assign an "employee rank" to Nokia employees who participate in this support community.

You may already know some of these people, as some of them have already been active members here. These people will now have an "Employee" rank and a Nokia logo next to their user name. The reason why they previously went "undercover" is simply that we asked them to, as we weren't really sure how to offer them a sustainable and comfortable public role. But I think we now can do that, and I wish that all members of this community support us in taking this small step, and help us to maybe develop it into a giant leap.

We are now piloting this with just some volunteers, so there's just a few people involved at the moment. We aim to extend the number in the next few weeks, and eventually hope to have as many employees here as possible.

These people volunteer their time to discuss and assist with products or services that they are familiar, and they all still have their normal daily responsibilities outside this forum. They do not have any obligations to respond to any posts or to look into any specific issues that are discussed here.

We in the Discussions team continue to make sure that all relevant Nokia organizations are informed about what's being discussed here, so please do not expect any participating employee to fix any issues personally. Also, please refrain from asking them personal support or comments via private messages.

I have to stress that they are not official company spokesmen, so please do not ask them to comment on what Nokia plans to do about any specific issues - or ask them to make any promises on behalf of Nokia - as that is not what they are here for. Instead, they are here to learn, listen and interact with you, and use their experiences and learnings to make Nokia better.

Please join me in welcoming the first employees - adamf, erga, davisfields, jusbe, jeremiahn and ksantos!

UDATE in October 2010: The Employee rank is nowadays available to all Nokia employees globally. There are about 100 registered employees on the forum. We want to make sure that all participating employees are open about their identity, so it is not ok for anyone who works for Nokia to not say so. If you are a Nokia employee and not sure how to join, just contact me.

Best regards,
vandelay & Nokia Support Discussions Team

I wrote all my posts from 2005-2011 as an "Admin" for this community. I still work for Nokia as an external consultant, so my rank in all posts is now "Employee".
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

Hi All

A warm welcome to all concerned, we look forward to a "greenish" tinge appearing on the forum and your input will be greatly valued. 

Happy to have helped forum in a small way with a Support Ratio = 37.0

Please use plain text.
Professor
kavi6233

I look forward in your expertise friends. A warm welcome.
Please use plain text.
Professor
hgohel

Great news! Looking forward to insightful & accurate responses to posts describing difficult issues or even annoying problems. Thanks in advance.
Nokia N8-00 (NAM, Product Code: 059C8T6), Symbian Belle, Type RM-596, 111.030.0609
Nokia 5800 XpressMusic (NAM, Product Code: 0577454) Software v51.2.007, Type RM-428
Please use plain text.
Contributor
ramyamurali

ok
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
carman58

:smileyvery-happy:

If I have helped at all, a click on the White Star is always appreciated :

you can also help others by marking 'accept as solution:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Nokan

Can I BE A NOKIA EMPLOYEE?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Nokan

Or Can You help me become a nokia employee of any sort?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Nokan wrote:
Or Can You help me become a nokia employee of any sort?

Visit the link below and apply for any jobs that you have the required skills for in the locations on offer. If you get an interview and make a good impression they may offer you a job.

http://www.nokia.com/careers

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Marvzki_techi

How do I earn the employee rank?
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Marvzki_techi

You can find me in the CSeries forums. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Marvzki_techi wrote:
How do I earn the employee rank?

You don't earn that rank, you have to get a job in Nokia or one of it's 3rd party support companies.

Visit www.nokia.com/careers

The maximum rank available to normal users is "Mobile Emperor". Like with all ranks it takes time and quality posts to achieve. 

Please use plain text.
jenifferhomes

I look forward in your expertise friends. A warm welcome
Please use plain text.
Vagui

Hola,

I am a Nokia employee and would like to know how do I apply for the tag.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Technical Expert
michaels

Hi Vagui, please contact support.discussions@nokia.com from your Nokia e-mail address, we'll do the rest.

Nokia Lumia - the fastest growing smartphone

If this or any post answers your question, please remember to help others by pressing the 'Accept as solution' button.

Please use plain text.
HDcoffee

Please use plain text.
Community Manager
musica

Please use plain text.