Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Problems with log-in on October 11th (duplicate ac...

Ex-Administrator (Retired)
vandelay

Problems with log-in on October 11th (duplicate accounts created)

[ Edited ]

Hi all,

on Tuesday, October 11th 2011, around 5pm - 10pm UK time (forum default time) we had some problems with our log in and registration. There was a planned update to our login & registration servers but something went wrong.

What happened was that if you logged in during that time, our forum system created a new forum account with the same forum alias. So instead of seeing your old profile, you were shown as a new member with 0 posts.

Here is an example of what I got when I logged in:

http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/393249

The problem has been fixed now and everyone should be logging into their old accounts now.

However, the problem remains that these accounts can’t receive private messages (PM) at the moment. This is because the forum software can’t decide which of these accounts to send them to. We are doing our best to fix this problem asap.

Note that there were no security risks to your Nokia account details at any time, the only problem was that the forum platform simply didn't recognize you but created a new forum account instead.

UPDATE on Oct 13th: the exact number of affected accounts is 19. We will contact these members by email (as we can't send you PM's) if needed to check what you'd like us to do. 

For most of that time the log in server was unavailable, so this affected only those that were unlucky enough to manage to log in. 

This is what we'll do next:

We'll start to go through all new user accounts that were created last night, and we'll delete all duplicate accounts.

If you made any posts with this new account, we should be able to merge them to your old account.

If you joined the forum for the first time and managed to create a new forum account during that time, you should be able to continue using that account.

Feel free to post a link to your duplicate account on this thread, it would help us in our investigations.

I apologize for the inconvenience and any possibly skipped heartbeats - I certainly missed one after first logging in last night.. :smileyhappy:

I wrote all my posts from 2005-2011 as an "Admin" for this community. I still work for Nokia as an external consultant, so my rank in all posts is now "Employee".
Please use plain text.
Zegxagon

Re: Problems with log-in on October 11th (duplicate accounts created)

Good evening. I want to verify whether NOKIA is awarding any promo. I was sent a text message to my mobile number that i won 110,000(Great Britain) Pound between July and August and i was ask to send my details to this email address uknokiaoutlook@live.com for claim. Since that time to this month, there were several processes but what makes me contemplating is that i was ask to pay for the dispatch of my reward to my location by a courier service after which i was sent an account number to pay in. Please i just want to know whether such promo is real or fake. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
kingblue

Hi Zegxagon,

There is no such action or campaign happening from Nokia. Most of these messages are coming from fraudelent companies or persons, trying to get your e-mail addresses, or like in this case trying to make you send them money to get your so-called reward.

One good advice: NEVER ever engage into such conversations with these parties.

Actions from Nokia will almost always happen from an e-mail address something@nokia.com and when we would send you an award, we would never ask you to send us money: the courier service would be an extra present :smileyhappy:

Kind regards,

kingblue

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

@ Zegxagon - There is this and some more threads on this subject on this Forum.

BTW.you should have first searched the Forum for your query and if NOT found then started a fresh thread rather than posting it under a thread with totally different subject..

Please use plain text.
Advisor
alb3530_

My original profile:

/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/26478

New Profile

/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/399871

I was forced to choose an alias, and when trying to choose my regular alias (alb3530), It was returning something like registerID.duplicate (can't remember if it was exactly this message)

Best Regards

Please use plain text.
Ex-Administrator (Retired)
vandelay

Hi alb3530, and welcome back!

Your problem is different from this duplicate issue. It is no longer possible to reclaim old forum accounts (created before September 2009) yourself.

We'll investigate the error message that you got, but in the meantime we can fix this for you. Is it ok if we just make it so that you'll log in with your old account? You wouldn't be able to post with this new account after that. Just let us know and we'll take care of this.

I wrote all my posts from 2005-2011 as an "Admin" for this community. I still work for Nokia as an external consultant, so my rank in all posts is now "Employee".
Please use plain text.