Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Psychomania hits 20 000 posts!

Ex-Administrator (Retired)
vandelay

Psychomania hits 20 000 posts!

Hi all,

I'm sure all our regular members know Psychomania. He's been a member here for just about three years and has helped millions of people via the forum.

He just made his 20 000th post on the forum yesterday and Nokia's official blog wrote a piece about him:

http://conversations.nokia.com/2010/04/30/the-peoples-champion/

Please join me in congratulating our one and only "Mobile Overlord"!

Let's hear it from the man himself - can you tell us a bit more about yourself and reveal what keeps you coming back to the forum?

to Employee badge

I wrote all my posts from 2005-2011 as an "Admin" for this community. I still work for Nokia as an external consultant, so my rank in all posts is now "Employee".
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

[ Edited ]

Thank you vandelay, everyone on the forum and thanks to the conversations team for the wonderful article! :smileyhappy:

Like many people here I first visited the forum to solve a problem. After searching for a while I found my answer and was happy. I then noticed that there were lots of open posts that I knew the answers to so decided to register and start answering.

I then found that I enjoyed helping people in my spare time and it kind of carried on (and on and on) from there! I reckon i'll be around on this forum for a long time in the future and look forward to nokia's upcoming products, especially the N8.

Thank you again to everyone, it's you that helped me to achieve this!

Please use plain text.
Professor
kavi6233

Congrats Man!

Please use plain text.
Employee

Congratulations!! The forums would be a less knowledgeable place without you!

Its a shame we can only give 1 kudos each...

Chris

Although i work for Nokia, my opinions are my own!

Got a Maps query? Check our Maps FAQ's
Please use plain text.
Employee
ksantos

Congratulations, and above all thanks for the amazing work!

Please use plain text.
Sage
tanz1987

vandelay wrote:

Please join me in congratulating our one and only "Mobile Overlord"!

to Employee badge

Actually the one and only "Mobile Overlord 2.0". Well done, Psychomania!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
manta

Congratulations Psychomania !

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
krizanand

Congrats Psychomania! thats a great feat and you deserve every bit of it.

If a reply has solved your problem click Accept as solution button, doing it will help others know the solution. Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
pavilion_alex

congratulations Psychomania!!!!!

Greece Nokia X6 RM-559 v40.0.002
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Congratulations Psychomania!

You are a true pillar of this forum :smileyhappy:

(by the way, i think this thread is almost a record for nokia employee contributions :smileytongue: )

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)

Congratulations!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

I'll happily add my congratulations -- better late than never.

Not only does he know his stuff relevant to this forum, but he's also a great guy to know in real life. For the past 2 years or so we've been meeting up fairly regularly in Manchester, Bolton, Preston and Burnley for a pint or six, which has also enabled me to meet some great people like Mrs. Psychomania and friends of theirs.

Sadly, I may well be leaving Lancashire within a few months, possibly for South Wales (any forum members in the Newport/Cwmbran/Pontypool area? If things work out I'll be in New Inn), so these pub crawls meetings will end up being fewer and further between, more's the pity.

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!

Please use plain text.
Sage
blueheartz

Congrats mate! You know how i faced in my previous months :smileyvery-happy: or years! Keep it the same attitude. Best wishes..
Please thank me by giving 'KUDOS' star. It will help me to serve you better.
Currently using N82 and 5230. Next would be N?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

well done man

id like to add he is a great teacher and puts you straight leads you in the right direction ive learned heaps from him and has corrected me on these issues

once again well done :smileyhappy:

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

could the peoples champion Psychomania be selected as mod?

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

Congratulations psychomania! 

If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Technical Expert
michaels

What few of you may realise is that Psychomania's contribution to Discussions is so large that we recently had to install a separate server just to store his posts, and that this server has had to be buried a top-secret underground facility with extra-high security in case it uses the combined wisdom of those posts to form a rudimentary artificial intelligence and begins trying to take over the world...

Not only that, but we also had to jerry-rig a spare 500Gb hard drive to function as an overflow store for the big man's ego since all of the congratulations started flooding in. :smileywink:

Things are settling down now, we haven't had any more processors overheating or RAM chips exploding for at least a couple of hours, so hopefully normal service will be assured for a long time to come.

Psychomania sits at the forefront of a large pool of regular contributors whose knowledge of and enthusiasm for Nokia products and services have helped to make Nokia Support Discussions a huge success, and we hope that he and all of the gang will be with us for many more years.

Keep up the great work!!

Nokia Lumia - the fastest growing smartphone

If this or any post answers your question, please remember to help others by pressing the 'Accept as solution' button.

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Nokia,
It's about time you hire him as official support member.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Excellent work well done
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
adrianhughes

Well done mate, you're a real inspiration to the rest of us senior Discussions users. Excellent work and hope you're around for many more posts =)

If you found this answer helpful, please click the green star to your left. Thanking you!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.