Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Rankings

Mobile Emperor
psychomania

You can't tell who's rated you up or down.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

So how can you tell if someone has been using multiple id's to rate themselves up or someone else down?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

[ Edited ]
It's very simple.

For example if someone has made 10 posts in a row on different threads and every post is showing with a good rating after an hour or so then this is most likely self rating. This is because the probability of 10 people on 10 different thread marking your posts as helpful is very unlikely.

As for a ratings attack this is when someone is constantly marking your posts down until your rating or rank drops. This happened to me when "he who shall not be named" had a grudge against me.

Message Edited by psychomania on 28-Feb-2008 05:30 PM
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Yep, I suppose that does make a lot of sense. Will keep an eye out next time. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
darla

28-Feb-2008 10:25 AM
korngear wrote:
Hey darla! How are ya? Why you make such rare appearence?
I use Opera since 2005.:smileyhappy:

I'm good! :smileyhappy: I guess I should make more of an appearance... and if they made a mobile version of this forum I might be on more... (hint hint). But Ill try and get on more.
Phones: N95 8GB NAM, N82, N81 8gb, N95-3, Pink N95-1, Pink N73, N75, N90
Nokia N810 and N800 Internet Tablets
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
babdi

CJlim
The reason given by Psychomania is why I was suggesting Nokia should discount posts that does not add value to knowledge base while ranking. Rating by other users ( Nokia's intentions were noble when they introduced this system ) gave way to malafide ratings with multiple IDs which I feel should be discounted.
If my post has helped you please click the white star on the right
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
babdi

Darla
You can still get on this forum through your mobile internet, say what :smileyhappy:
If my post has helped you please click the white star on the right
Please use plain text.
Sage
leonwu2705

Hey, where do you check your average rating?
That's right people, I'm back. Where have I been? I have been getting a life, away from this electric madness.
Please use plain text.
Ex-Administrator (Retired)
michaels

That information is in your profile - just click your username for more info on your activity on the boards.

Nokia Lumia - the fastest growing smartphone

If this or any post answers your question, please remember to help others by pressing the 'Accept as solution' button.

Please use plain text.
Sage
leonwu2705

When am I going to get to the next level. I've seen councellors with 10 less posts!
That's right people, I'm back. Where have I been? I have been getting a life, away from this electric madness.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

It's not all about how many posts you make or the ratings you get. It's all about quality. If you make pointless posts people will rate you down.

If you wan't to improve your rank you need to focus on making quality helpful post's, not pointless posts.

Sage rank is around 100 posts but only if your rating is 3 or higher.
Please use plain text.
Sage
leonwu2705

Do you know what I'm sick of? I've been waiting frustratingly for my rank to go up to "councellor" but it's still an advisor. I've put in 90 quality posts but what really bugs me is how people are rating them. I've posted many good quality, long, detailed posts yet I'm always getting ones which makes it my average rating. This is so annoying!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
korngear

May be what you are thinking people are not thinking.
Chil out dude, take time...think lot...(no one's saying you do not think before write) and help peep.

Another way is just ask questions about your phone's problems...it is the safest because peep then will come to help you, not to grab you!

:smileywink:
Please use plain text.
Sage
leonwu2705

When's my ranking going to change. At the moment my average rating is 2 and I've posted 130 posts. I'm still an advisor and I'm wondering when I'll be the next ranking.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
korngear

Bro..dont mind
Have you gotten in personal conflict via PMs. It is the root of all problems.:smileywink:
Please use plain text.
Sage
leonwu2705

No, haven't had conflicts...
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

If your rating is less than 3 then you will never rank up, even if you make 10,000 posts.

To improve your rank stick to answering questions that you know and avoid posting incorrect information.

See this informative post by obaid786, it may help you:

/discussions/board/message?board.id=feedback&message.id=1951#M1951
Please use plain text.
Sage
leonwu2705

That's too bad because my rank is 1.
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)

Blocked 6111

Please use plain text.
Sage
leonwu2705

It's a little bit weird because I remember being an advisor about a week ago and after waiting a while, I logged back on and now I'm a professor. My average rating is still 1 so it's a bit confising. I also don't remember ever being a sage or counsellor. Oh well, I can't complain.
Please use plain text.