Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Rankings

Counsellor
eseriesaddict

Forgive me for my naivety , but we are here to help each other through exchanging our experience and thus helping people who see the posts from nokia to take the feedback and possibly improve the quality of devices isnt it?

I would assume that even if the later part does not work[of our posts contributing to production inputs], atleast as a comunity we try to resolve issues ourselves and thus learn more about the gadgets and devices we love !!

and hey, i dont think this community takes your suggestions only if u are higher up in the ratings!! good sugestions in my opinion would still be vlaued even if someone doesnt have a rating at all!!

PS: this is not intended to offend your sentiments on the ranking.
----
Wishing u a great time with your device,
eseriesaddict
Chennai
India.
----
Please use plain text.
Sage
leonwu2705

15-May-2008 11:11 AM
eseriesaddict wrote:
Forgive me for my naivety , but we are here to help each other through exchanging our experience and thus helping people who see the posts from nokia to take the feedback and possibly improve the quality of devices isnt it?

I would assume that even if the later part does not work[of our posts contributing to production inputs], atleast as a comunity we try to resolve issues ourselves and thus learn more about the gadgets and devices we love !!

and hey, i dont think this community takes your suggestions only if u are higher up in the ratings!! good sugestions in my opinion would still be vlaued even if someone doesnt have a rating at all!!

PS: this is not intended to offend your sentiments on the ranking.

Good on you eseries addict. Just how it should be!
That's right people, I'm back. Where have I been? I have been getting a life, away from this electric madness.
Please use plain text.
Ex-Administrator (Retired)
vandelay

[ Edited ]
Thanks eseriesaddict, that is very insightful.

We have indeed changed the way that your "rank" (advisor, sage, professor etc.) is formed.

The "Was this post helpful - yes/no"-voting no longer has any effect in the rank. This was due to numerous, childish personal attacks against many members, both old and new.

Using the yes/no-buttons is still a practical way of marking whether an offered solution was useful. It is also a nice way to thank others for helpful answers.

Message Edited by vandelay on 15-May-2008 12:43 PM

I wrote all my posts from 2005-2011 as an "Admin" for this community. I still work for Nokia as an external consultant, so my rank in all posts is now "Employee".
Please use plain text.
Sage
leonwu2705

Well, I'd like to congratulate all those gurus who have now got purple colour as their usernames. Well done!
That's right people, I'm back. Where have I been? I have been getting a life, away from this electric madness.
Please use plain text.
Sage
aanu77

hi all is there anything for females any special coding or ranks.
Please use plain text.
vandelay

Since we don't ask about the gender in the registration form, it would be pretty difficult to enable that.

However, we've promised any female members who become "mobile gurus" to have their username in pink if they want :smileyhappy:

I wrote all my posts from 2005-2011 as an "Admin" for this community. I still work for Nokia as an external consultant, so my rank in all posts is now "Employee".
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
friedbrains

somebody told me there is actually no gender in color... but, i think the guys wont mind a female mobile guru in pink...

but i really want to keep the blue... :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
Sage
mszilard

[ Edited ]
My rank is counsellor (for the moment:smileyhappy:), but my name appears in blue.Other counsellor's name is plane black. Can anybody tell me why?

Message Edited by mszilard on 08-Jun-2008 08:18 PM
RM-244
Nokia E51
Please use plain text.
vandelay

It's black now - might have been some cache issue or just a glitch in the system. Sometimes it takes a while for everything to update poperly.

Please use plain text.
Sage
mszilard

It looked kinda cool with blue :smileyhappy:
RM-244
Nokia E51
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
grayburn

15-May-2008 12:41 PM
vandelay wrote:
Thanks eseriesaddict, that is very insightful.

We have indeed changed the way that your "rank" (advisor, sage, professor etc.) is formed.

The "Was this post helpful - yes/no"-voting no longer has any effect in the rank. This was due to numerous, childish personal attacks against many members, both old and new.

Using the yes/no-buttons is still a practical way of marking whether an offered solution was useful. It is also a nice way to thank others for helpful answers.

Message Edited by vandelay on 15-May-2008 12:43 PM

So with the rankings not working now,do we all stay as what we are at present?
Grayburn @ www.nokiausers.net & www.dailymobile.se....come say Hello!!!
If you appreciate ANY help from a member,then show it by clicking on the Blue Star button, cheers :smileywink:
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

No, you will still gain rank linked to your post count.

The next rank after sage is professor at either 250 or 300 posts, can't remember exactly. The next rank after that is Mobile Visionary at 750 posts followed by Mobile Guru at 1500 posts.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

Professor is 350 posts.

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
grayburn

Cheers chaps,thank you.
Grayburn @ www.nokiausers.net & www.dailymobile.se....come say Hello!!!
If you appreciate ANY help from a member,then show it by clicking on the Blue Star button, cheers :smileywink:
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

I always get confused with the prof rank :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

It was too long ago. You ought to start over again and re-live the nostalgia of being an advisor, councellor, sage etc. :smileyhappy:

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

That would keep me occupied for a couple of weeks :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Weren't we told that the counter goes back to 0 after 9999. :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
friedbrains

i hate the color purple...

purple rain, purple rain... :smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
asem305

heeeeeeeeeey :smileyhappy:
i went to sleep a sage and i woke up a professor :smileyhappy:, and at 300 posts. can't figure out what is that colour yet though :smileytongue:
Fear not those who argue but those who dodge
Please use plain text.