Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Rankings

Ex-Moderator (Retired)

Rankings and roles for forum members and Nokia employees

[ Edited ]

Forum member roles:

By participating in Nokia Discussions, you will automatically get a "rank" based on your activity on this forum. We've updated the rankings a few times over the years, and here's the current list:

• Registered member
  • Visitor
  • Contributor
  • Advisor
  • Counsellor
  • Sage
  • Professor - 300 posts
  • Mobile Visionary - 750 posts
  • Mobile Guru - 1500 posts
  • Mobile Sensei - 5000 posts
  • Mobile Overlord - 10000 posts
  • Mobile Emperor - 25000 posts

Starting with Sage, there are stars which can be gained in between ranks. All ranks require a minimum post count and a certain amount of kudos and/or accepted solutions to boot.

The ranks are meant to be fun so please don't take your own or others' ranks too seriously - there are a lot of true experts who only post here occasionally. Although a high rank often means that the person knows a lot about mobile devices, it doesn't automatically mean that they are always correct.

Contributors (and higher) get to see an extra board where you can submit ideas on how to improve this forum (no Nokia device or service feedback there, please!).

Professors (and higher) get rights to add articles into the Pool of Knowledge. These are the only rank-based perks that we currently offer.

Nokia roles

There are also various Nokia people on the forum, with following titles and main tasks:

Administrator: Overall responsible for managing this forum, its functionalities and the teams behind.

Community Manager: Responsible for all day-to-day operations in the community,

Moderator: Making sure that all members play by the rules and do not post anything that violates our guidelines.

Technical Expert: Monitor the discussions and participate when they have news or information from Nokia about any topic. They will also make sure that the right people at Nokia are aware of what's being talked about here.

Employee: Voluntary employees who participate here, usually discussing topics that are related to their wok. It's OK for any Nokia employee to participate here. If you work directly for Nokia, PM the Community Manager for details. It is not allowed for any Nokia employee to participate "under cover" and pretend to be a customer.

Best regards,

vandelay

Administrator

Please use plain text.
Sage
wicker_man

[ Edited ]
OK so let me figure this out.

I've seen visitor -> advisor -> councellor -> sage so far.

Is it just based on message count? Or does one need yes-ratings from others?

Message Edited by wicker_man on 28-Nov-2005
02:08 PM

All those who believe in psychokinesis raise my hand.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary

whats my next rank then?

do i get to be a jedi master?

also, what colour is it going to be???
Please use plain text.
Ex-Administrator (Retired)
vandelay

Our automatic ranking system is primarily based on both your total number of posts and the ratings given to your posts by other members. So please remember to thank other members for useful posts by voting! The time you've spent on the boards is also taken into account.

By the way, the green ratings bar you see next to each post is the average rating given to that individual post - not the total average rating for that member. You can always see your average post rating in your info column on the right.

In addition to a certain number of posts, Sages require an average post rating of 3 or higher. The highest ranks require an average of 4 or higher.

So far we've got a few Sages amongst us - but you'll just have to wait and see what the next ranks are.. :smileywink:

I wrote all my posts from 2005-2011 as an "Admin" for this community. I still work for Nokia as an external consultant, so my rank in all posts is now "Employee".
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

can you all change the rank coulor for professor from blue to pink? :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
darla

24-Dec-2005
03:03 PM
seraphim wrote:
can you all change the rank coulor for professor from blue to pink? :smileyvery-happy:

Lol, now that is something that I would have requested! :smileyhappy:
Phones: N95 8GB NAM, N82, N81 8gb, N95-3, Pink N95-1, Pink N73, N75, N90
Nokia N810 and N800 Internet Tablets
Please use plain text.
Advisor
misterregular

[ Edited ]

21-Nov-2005
01:32 PM
karim wrote:
Hi Everyone!

As you may have noticed the ranking structure has changed slightly. What do you all think?

If you have any questions on the ranking structure just post here or send me an IM.

Cheers
-
Karim

Hello Karim,

I have a question. What is the ranking structure?

Thank you,
mr

Message Edited by misterregular on 08-Jan-2007
10:04 PM

Please use plain text.
vandelay

Here is the current ranking order for members:

new user
visitor
regular visitor
advisor
counsellor
sage
professor
mobile visionary
mobile guru

I wrote all my posts from 2005-2011 as an "Admin" for this community. I still work for Nokia as an external consultant, so my rank in all posts is now "Employee".
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
darla

09-Jan-2007
05:34 AM
vandelay wrote:
Here is the current ranking order for members:

new user
visitor
regular visitor
advisor
counsellor
sage
professor
mobile visionary
mobile guru

Lol, can you add Mobile Diva for the females? :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
vandelay

Dear Darla - I promise we'll create Diva just for you when you make it to Guru :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
darla

22-Jan-2007
05:46 AM
vandelay wrote:
Dear Darla - I promise we'll create Diva just for you when you make it to Guru :smileywink:

Hehe... you got it!!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
babdi

[ Edited ]
A Maharishi should be the highest Rank. A Sage is an highly evolved

Visitor
Advisor
Councillor
Professor
Moble Visionary
Mobile Guru
Sage
Maharishi ( Maha = Greatest Rishi = the enlightened )

:smileyvery-happy:

Message Edited by babdi on 25-Feb-2007
07:39 AM

If my post has helped you please click the white star on the right
Please use plain text.
Sage
keane

As ranking and position increases, more opportunities should be given.
Yet dont know how would be they.
Please use plain text.
Sage
keane

Hi, I think there should be a higher rank than mobile guru as it would be helpin the gurus [motivatin] to grab that rank.
Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
richcowell

It just goes on and on then though, the two (is it still two?) guru's that are here still contribute loads, and I'm sure I still will when I get there... not long to go now :smileyvery-happy: lol
Nokia History: 3110, 5110, 7110, 7110, 3510i, 6210, 6310i, 5210, 6100, 6610, 7250, 7250i, 6650, 6230, 6230i, 6260, N70, N70, 5300, N95, N95, E71, E72
Android History: HTC Desire, SE Xperia Arc, HTC Sensation, Sensation XE, One X+, Google Nexus 5
Please use plain text.
Sage
keane

[ Edited ]
As it depends on the post ratings and post makings I thing there should be a new highest rank after MOBILE GURU.
This forum NOW has a good number of Mobile Visionary and soon they will be goin to be MOBILE GURU.
Its the motivation they toward it as they know the more they posts good materials the opprtunity will get higher to be a GURU.
So far it has only two gurus.If a new rank is created I think, GURUS too will be motivated to post fast to get that rank.
It was time there were a few people as sage and mobile visionary.But I think its now time to announce a new rank.
Thanks.

Message Edited by keane on 18-Mar-2007
06:18 AM

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
toppskarven

And where can we find out the details surrounding the rankings?
I suggestODIN as top rank! (Omnicogniscant Norse king of gods) lol
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

If your rating is 3 or more then you will hit sage sometime around 80-100 posts, professor is around 300-400, visionary is around 800 and guru is 1500 plus.

If your rating is less than 3 then ranking up will be a lot slower.

New higher ranks have been suggested in the past but never been added.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
korngear

Hmmmm
On 4000, soon to catch 5000. But the fact is the RANK is a drivin force which lets us to create post to help peep. 1500 I have finished many time ago...gettin bored.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
friedbrains

i don't know, the way i am posting i think i will reach guru status by 2010, perhaps more, yea definitely more... :smileysad:
Please use plain text.