Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Rankings

Ex-Administrator (Retired)
vandelay

[ Edited ]

Thanks for reminding me, there's been slight changes so I updated the 1st post.

The time required is pretty low for any rank, so it's pretty hard to exceed the required post count in less time. I think it's just a few months for Guru.

I won't reveal the exact kudos/accepted solutions formulas for each ranks, but each solution that gets accepted is worth a few kudos points in the equation.

The limits aren't too strict so anybody making sensible posts and enjoying their time here won't have any problems moving up the ranks over time.

Message Edited by vandelay on 13-Jan-2010 08:40 AM

I wrote all my posts from 2005-2011 as an "Admin" for this community. I still work for Nokia as an external consultant, so my rank in all posts is now "Employee".
Please use plain text.
Sage
tanz1987

The list needs updating with "Mobile Overlord 2.0 - 20000 posts" now that psychomania has achieved it. And why not turn this thread into a sticky?
Please use plain text.
vandelay

Thanks tanz1987, I just put this up as a sticky. MO 2.0 was a bit of a joke to celebrate Psycho's 20K - it's not yet an official rank. We'll think about this, it will still take some time before anybody else gets even close :smileywink:

I wrote all my posts from 2005-2011 as an "Admin" for this community. I still work for Nokia as an external consultant, so my rank in all posts is now "Employee".
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary

[ Edited ]

Bit of a joke really as a hundred rants against Nokia will get you an elevated status .

Furthermore from posts on the forum many posters  take an advanced rank to be a sign of some technical expertise from Nokia and a Professor or Mobile Overlord is taken by many posters to be in the employ of Nokia .

jje

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

[ Edited ]

People only gain an elevated status for ranting if they get kudos for it and you can't control who awards kudos to random rants. If someone is ranting often without providing any help they can be reported to the moderators and action can be taken.  Several times in the past protest kudos and users have been removed.

Some users also gain rank by spamming answers such as "ask nokia" or answering for the sake of it or just posting stuff that doesn't make sense.  There's plenty of sage's, prof's and even guru's that don't deserve to hold any rank as their advice is often flawed or incoherent.

On the upside there's plenty of users here of any rank that deserve their rank and kudos. These users (such as myself) balance out the trash and provide genuine help. If a user gets them mixed up with nokia's employees thats their problem, not ours as employees are clearly marked.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary

Just a point put across to try and make this a better board   for customers who expect this to be Nokia tech support  .

jje

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Sadly a bit pointless as you cannot control how people use sites like these. Every support forum has the same issues with people not searching or thinking it's an official means of contact. It's how you deal with it that counts.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
pemaia

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
elie7

i wonder who's the youngest professor (or any higher rank than that ) on this forum .

Reality is wrong....dreams are for real... 2pac .
don't forget to hit that green kudos :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
pabilaner

omg now i understand those names in thi site
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
ceroberts75

Re: Rankings and roles for forum members and Nokia employees

ok..so i have a question! lol.

ive had 2 stars since i got the mobile guru status...what do i have to do to get my other stars?

i know...its some secret, but it doesnt hurt to ask or note that i can be pm'd! :smileywink:

Kudos are the STAR Below to the RIGHT, Solution is Below to the RIGHT
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

You will gain more stars as you move through the rank but only if you have sufficient kudos.  I reckon you'll next gain a star between 2,500-3,000 posts.

I don't beleive it's possible to gain more stars without making the required number of posts so there's no shortcuts to gaining more stars.  Some users gain stars and rank quickly by spamming simple one line answers (or post absolute garbage), they may get the rank but they don't get the respect.

Please use plain text.
Technical Expert
michaels

[ Edited ]

Don't forget that kudos and accepted solutions also play a part. Each level needs not only an amount of posts but also a certain proportion of kudos and/or soluitions.

The way the system works underneath it all is that we actually have several sets of seemingly identical ranks, for example there are three separate 'Guru' ranks with one, two and three stars resepctively. It is theoretically possible for somebody moving up from Visionary to Guru and straight away with more than one star.

Nokia Lumia - the fastest growing smartphone

If this or any post answers your question, please remember to help others by pressing the 'Accept as solution' button.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
ceroberts75

[ Edited ]

well i'll be darned...i earned my 3rd star today after a couple more kudos and another solution marked!

:smileyhappy:

see what happens when you you dont **bleep** off boris and by him a beer annonomously?! 

Kudos are the STAR Below to the RIGHT, Solution is Below to the RIGHT
Please use plain text.
vandelay

I thought to warn you that you're pretty close but decided to leave it as a surprise :smileyvery-happy:

The stars within the same rank are dependent on the kudos + accepted solutions that you've written. It's the same post count for all star levels within the same rank.

So if you have enough posts for the 1st star, you just need a bit more kudos + AS to get more stars, and not necessarily any more posts.

As I've said before, the stars are just for fun so I hope nobody takes them *too* seriously.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

friedbrains wrote:
i don't know, the way i am posting i think i will reach guru status by 2010, perhaps more, yea definitely more... :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Virusfree

Contributor sounded a lot cooler than new visitor:smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Sage
khanjan_701

fighting for rank ... LoL
Symbian-Developers Forum Member
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
ng85

Hi! Just a reminder that this thread needs an update with Psychomania now an Emperor & registered member being the first rank assigned to a person.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as solution if it solves your problem.
Current Device - Nokia Lumia 920
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
ng85

Another reminder for update for the description in the first post regarding sage, stars to sage & community manager.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as solution if it solves your problem.
Current Device - Nokia Lumia 920
Please use plain text.