Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Read our user survey results - is Nokia listen...

Ex-Administrator (Retired)
vandelay

Read our user survey results - is Nokia listening?

[ Edited ]
We have just conducted a survey here at Nokia Support Discussions where we asked for your thoughts and ideas how to improve this forum. The survey was shown randomly on the Discussions main page to a few percent of our visitors in November.

Thanks to everyone who saw the survey and participated! We had 595 participants, and the results have now been analyzed and read carefully.

Here are the main findings:

Satisfaction with Discussions (1-5, 5 is the highest)
Overall: 3.13

The survey had an open field for comments. There were plenty of excellent ideas and notions, some of which we have also thought about here. Some of them will be implemented in the near future, some of them are still being discussed or planned.

Here are some of the ideas and concerns that you brought up:

"Provide official Nokia support and make sure the feedback from this forum is heard in product development"

Some respondents were disappointed with our scope of peer-to-peer-support and wanted official Nokia representatives to be more visible on the boards. Also, many felt that Nokia is ignoring the problems and concerns that are posted here.

When we set out to create Nokia Support Discussions, we wanted to create a meeting place for all Nokia product owners where you could help each other and troubleshoot Nokia products. Naturally this meant that suddenly there would be all sorts of questions, problems, ideas, bugs, stories and wishes right here on this Nokia website for the world to see. (Nokia Support Discussions is live on seven Nokia sites from Europe to Asia, Africa and USA so this is a very global forum.)

So this forum created a wonderful opportunity for Nokia to hear what you all are saying.

There are over 50 000 people working for Nokia all around the world, so there is no way how we could guarantee that every post or idea gets officially evaluated, but certainly the hottest topics and talks of the day are studied with great interest by many Nokia teams and organizations.

Let me put it this way: it would be pretty silly for anyone involved in creating Nokia products to ignore your posts.

There were also plenty of respondents who were pretty satisfied with the peer-to-peer support offered here. But since there are many questions that other Nokia owners can't answer - like "when is the next sw update for my phone due", or "what's the complete changelog for this sw version", many respondents wanted Nokia to answer these questions directly.

Our position is this: whenever Nokia releases information or statements on any issue or question, we in the Discussions team do our best to make it known also here. For example, if we get a confirmation that some issue is being investigated by Nokia, we will post it here with an official note.

All available public information about software updates is currently posted on the www.nokia.com/softwareupdate pages. So there is no further information that can be provided. In some issues the answer might be confidential for various reasons, sometimes there simply is no answer yet. If there was, it would be available on the relevant section of the website.

Nokia.com and local Nokia websites try to provide you with the best possible information. It is quite clear that you want many things to be communicated more openly, for example with software updates. This is also clear from the posts on the Software Updates board. We in the Discussions team will continue our co-operation with all relevant Nokia organizations to make sure that the feedback and ideas that are posted here will not go unnoticed, but are reviewed, analyzed and acted upon with due urgency.

"Allow confidential topics"
Some respondents wanted the forum moderators to loosen up a bit and allow rumours about unannounced Nokia products, or allow procedures which may invalidate the warranty of a Nokia product to be discussed. We in the Discussions team operate under clear guidelines set by Nokia, and we will not allow confidential or even potentially harmful advice to be given on these boards.

Sometimes it's hard to draw the line, but when it comes issues like tampering with product codes or dismantling phones - not to mention revealing confidential or secret information - the moderators will interfere.

Charlie Schick over at the Nokia Conversations site has written a thoughtful piece about product leaks. Read more about it from here >>

"No registration required / unfair moderation"
There were a few requests to allow posts to be made without registration. This is pretty simple - without a registration system there would be no way to control these boards.

Some people also claimed that their posts were removed without any explanation. I apologize if someone's posts have been removed, or if someone's user account has been banned, without any contact from the Discussions team. We get thousands of posts every month and sometimes it is hard for the moderators to decide when to interfere. We do not censor criticism - in fact having a forum like ours means we're asking for it - but it needs to be constructive and respectful towards other users and towards Nokia. And don't forget to read our guidelines.

If you ever have any questions about the way that this forum works, send me a private message or email the Discussions team at support.discussions@nokia.com.

Feature wish list
We got a lot of good ideas about how to improve the forum user interface. Many requested the ability to attach files to a post and we have now added this to all boards (this was previously only possible on the Software-board). We are reviewing other requests and try to include them in our version updates whenever possible.

Once more: thanks to all who participated in the survey, and to everyone for keeping these boards going.

On behalf of the Nokia Support Discussions team,
vandelay
Nokia Support Discussions Administrator

Message Edited by vandelay on 12-Jan-2009 11:20 AM

I wrote all my posts from 2005-2011 as an "Admin" for this community. I still work for Nokia as an external consultant, so my rank in all posts is now "Employee".
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Re: Read our user survey results - is Nokia listening?

Thanks for that you guys ! now if only the same went for the survey that we completed after using the Nokia software updater ! Sure look forward to some help !
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
sapporobaby

Hey Van,

Thanks for the info. I blew right past it. Maybe you should make this a "login" sticky so that everyone sees this when they log in. It would cut down on the: "Nokia is not listening" threads.

Show the KUDOS button some love.... Hit that bad boy.... It don't hurt....

Apple iPhone 5,
Retina MacBook Pro, iPad Mini, Nikon D4

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

Now that the survey results are published, I take it that the survey itself is over, right? In that case, perhaps you could remove the mechanics that still prompt people to take the survey -- my laptop tried to get me to take it about 3 times last night and this is getting tiresome.

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!

Please use plain text.
vandelay

Are you sure that's the same survey - is it only about Discussions? If so, we'll certainly fix that, but there may also be other surveys, depending on which website you use.

I wrote all my posts from 2005-2011 as an "Admin" for this community. I still work for Nokia as an external consultant, so my rank in all posts is now "Employee".
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

Let me get back to you later, once I've been on here a while with the laptop.

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

It didn't do it last night, so maybe it was on another site? I'll certainly keep my eyes peeled.

By the way, one thing that really does get in the way for packet data users when browsing the forum is the IP address check. I regularly (as in every 10 minutes or so sometimes) have to clear cookies and log in again because my provider has decided to channel my traffic through a different proxy and the forum sees me at a different IP address.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary

15-Dec-2008 08:55 PM
vandelay wrote:
Are you sure that's the same survey - is it only about Discussions? If so, we'll certainly fix that, but there may also be other surveys, depending on which website you use.

This is what I got right this moment.
Please use plain text.
vandelay

Grschinon - I'll see if there's anything we can do. I also get the same problem occasionally on my N96.

Hole - sure looks like ours :smileyvery-happy: I will have it removed and try to make sure this won't happen again.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

Hole:
Thanks for confirming what I was sure I'd seen but couldn't prove! At least I don't have to worry about those men in white suits any more...

Vandelay:
I hope you can get rid of the IP check altogether. It serves no real purpose. Your average script kiddie is going to try and attack a server from a single IP address and move on if he can't get anywhere. If you're under attack from an organisation with a botnet at its disposal then the protection you want is the hosting provider's responsibility upstream from the actual server, usually at the border routers. An IP check at the level it's done here doesn't come into play most of the time, and if it does it's no good to you anyway. All it does is get in the way of legitimate users since only users who are effectively logged in are subject to the control.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary

Just got yet another one :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
Advisor
i_nic

All,

I'm really glad to see this thread - it seems that Nokia is listening! :smileyhappy:

I apologise if I'm in the wrong slot here, but can you tell me where I should post product suggestions? I've recently acquired an N96 from my provider, and I'm very happy to see that it has some of the features I had been missing on my N95. But there are a few suggestions I'd like to make.

Could someone point me in the right direction for this, please?

Thanks,
Nic.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

There's a "contact us" link in the navigation bar at the top of every page on this forum.

Please use plain text.
Technical Expert
michaels

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
sapporobaby

Thanks MichaelS.

Show the KUDOS button some love.... Hit that bad boy.... It don't hurt....

Apple iPhone 5,
Retina MacBook Pro, iPad Mini, Nikon D4

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I had recently purchased a N85 and not even in 15 days it had a hardware issue I have given that mobile to nokia care but then I know that it will get repaired but then I don't want my mobile to get converted into a repaired piece within a month...I have also send a mail regarding this at asknokia but then yet no one has bothered to contact me....Is this a way that nokia listens you..I want an answer as soon as possible...and if any of the nokia manager is reading this then please do contact me...
Please use plain text.
Technical Expert
michaels

Hi jay_badboy,

This thread and our survey are concerned directly with Nokia Support Discussions and matters relating to it.

Your particular issue needs to be taken up with Nokia Care in your country, if you have still not received a reply to your mail perhaps it would be a good idea to contact them directly by telephone about your query.

I'm afraid that Nokia Support Discussions is not able to look into the case on your behalf.

Nokia Lumia - the fastest growing smartphone

If this or any post answers your question, please remember to help others by pressing the 'Accept as solution' button.

Please use plain text.

there is next to ZERO support for your Nokia 500 GPS product, and it's given me nothing but headaches out of the box. I'm going to try to return it, despite the fact that it *should* be fixable with even passable support. Too bad.
Please use plain text.
Sage

Not trying to be a pain but it should be invalidate and not validate in 'which may validate the warranty of a Nokia product'
Please use plain text.
Technical Expert
michaels

Please use plain text.