Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Register and sign in with your Nokia account -...

Ex-Administrator (Retired)
vandelay

Register and sign in with your Nokia account - see instructions here

[ Edited ]

Hi all,

I am happy to announce that from now on you can join and access this forum with your universal Nokia account.

This means that you can now use the same username and password to sign in to a wide range of Nokia services. Read more about Nokia account from http://account.nokia.com

If you are new to this forum and wish to register, you need to create a Nokia account and choose a Discussions alias. The alias is your nickname that will be shown to other members of the forum, no other personal details are shown unless you add them to your profile page. 

If you already have a Nokia account, you'll just have to add a Discussions alias to it.

Here are the instructions for registering on this forum::

-----------------------------

1) You already have a Nokia account

Start by logging in from the top of the page. Enter your Nokia account email/username and password. If you have created your Nokia account after September 2011, no separate username has been created so only your email address will be asked.

You will then be asked to select a Discussions alias, which is the name that you will be known by on this forum. It can be the same as your Nokia account username, as long as someone else hasn't reserved it yet. Again, new Nokia accounts do not have a separate email address anymore.

After choosing the alias, you will be redirected on the forum and you can start to make posts here. 

2) You do not have a Nokia account yet

Start by clicking on "Register" on top of this page, follow the instructions

and fill in the registration form. After you have successfully registered, you will be signed in on this forum with your new alias.

You can now access all Nokia services with the same Nokia account - just remember to login with your email address and password. Using your forum alias will not work.

Here's a few Q&A's I could think of:

I can't remember my Nokia account password?
Click on "Forgot your password?" on the Discussions main page and type in your email address. You will get an email with all the details.

I can't remember my Nokia account username?
Click on "Forgot your password?" on the Discussions main page and type in your email address. You'll then get an email that mentions your Nokia account username (and a link to reset your password but just ignore that if you remember your password.)

Why can't I sign in using my forum alias?

Nokia Support Discussions uses the global Nokia account system, so you need to log in with your Nokia account details. We recommend you to always login with your email address and password.

I have a Discussions alias but someone has already reserved the same name for his Nokia account username. Should I worry?

Nokkia account usernames are no longer created, so you may only face this problem if you created your Nokia account before October 2011.

We are sorry if this has happened, unfortunately there was no way for us to get around this possibility. Some Nokia services show the Nokia account username as a person's public identity, which may cause some confusion across these services. So a "JohnDoe" here might not be the same as the "JohnDoe" in the Nokia Store, for example.

Naturally the other person will not be able to access your Nokia account or Discussions account details, nor can you access his.

How do I change my email address or password in the future?
You can manage your account details at http://account.nokia.com

Can I change my Discussions forum alias?
Unfortunately it is not possible. The main reason is simply that with hundreds of thousands of members, it would be impossible for anyone to know who's who anymore.

I would like to connect my alias to another Nokia account. Is that possible?
We can do this but it takes some time. Email us at support.discussions@nokia.com and tell us your current Nokia account details + forum alias, and the reason why you want to do this. If possible, send the email from the address that is associated with your Nokia account.

If you are unable to register a new account or have any problems with accessing your existing account, and therefore also unable to post here, just email us at support.discussions@nokia.com and we'll help you to register.

On behalf of the Nokia Support Discussions & Nokia account teams,
vandelay

reason for edit: the login process has been updated.

I wrote all my posts from 2005-2011 as an "Admin" for this community. I still work for Nokia as an external consultant, so my rank in all posts is now "Employee".
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
shuntfield

Re: Register and sign in with your Nokia account - see instructions here

Hi Vandelay

All seemed to be fine here.

Pretty smooth transition for me.

Shunts...

I will mostly be communicating with a Nokia E72 Zodium Black
Nokia E72-1 with Vr 051.018.207.04 Software
If this post helped... Add some kudos!! :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
vandelay

Hi Shuntfield,

that's great news, thanks! Good to see you :smileyhappy:

I wrote all my posts from 2005-2011 as an "Admin" for this community. I still work for Nokia as an external consultant, so my rank in all posts is now "Employee".
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
krizanand

Hi Vandelay,

Great idea to merge accounts its now a hassle free method :smileyhappy: , kudos for that. Today when i logged into Nokia discussions it prompted me to merge it with Nokia Account, my doubt is i am not sure which Nokia account first i entered "MyNokia" username and password it didnt accept then i entered my "Nokia Messaging" username and password it was successful and screen said your Nokia account is successfully merged after that i clicked "continue" button it didnt go into the next page i waited and later clicked the Link below "Go to Nokia Discussions" i ended up here, Is something wrong with my account or am i missing something simple here

If a reply has solved your problem click Accept as solution button, doing it will help others know the solution. Thanks.

Please use plain text.
vandelay

krizanand wrote:

screen said your Nokia account is successfully merged after that i clicked "continue" button it didnt go into the next page i waited and later clicked the Link below "Go to Nokia Discussions" i ended up here, Is something wrong with my account or am i missing something simple here

Hi Krizanand,

no, you did nothing wrong: the Continue-button doesn't work on the last page, it's a silly little mistake and we'll fix it soon. Luckily there's that link below it.

My Nokia should also be using the Nokia account. I just tried and I was able to log in to www.nokia.fi/mynokia with the same username and password that I now use here.

So if you tried your My Nokia credentials first, they should have worked and let you continue to pair your accounts. Please try to log in to your local My Nokia site again, maybe it works this time?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
krizanand

Thanks for ur comments, yes i will give it a try and post back

If a reply has solved your problem click Accept as solution button, doing it will help others know the solution. Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
krizanand

Yes got it working :smileyvery-happy: there was a mistake from my side my "My Nokia" account has my mobile number as the username, my ovi account has  username same as my discussions account. In my ovi account i didnt verify my contact details (mobile number which i use to login to "My Nokia" account), thats the reason why it didnt accept my "My Nokia" credentials at the first place and after verifying my contact details i was able to login to "My Nokia" account using my Ovi Account and using the same username and password i was able to login to discussions too, BTW sorry to confuse :smileywink:

Thank you very much

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
pavilion_alex

The new log in page of the Discussions can’t remember the details I set when I enter the forum and that is very frustrating, because I visit the discussions many times a day and every time I have to write again my log in details because the forum can’t remember it.

I have reinstalled the internet explorer in my pc in case it was ie8’s problem but it is still the same thing. Please fix it! :smileyhappy:

Greece Nokia X6 RM-559 v40.0.002
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Until it's fixed use a better browser as IE8 is a bit rubbish.

Firefox 3.5 remembers your details but doesn't auto log in.

Google Chrome 3 remembers your details and auto logs in. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor

I have been trying to log into the forums since Friday and have not been able to.  When I try to log in with my existing Forum ID and then merge that with my Nokia ID I keep getting HTTP 500 errors telling me the service is unavailable.

I have tried on a PC using Internet Explorer 8 and Firefox.  I have also tried using my N97 browser, no luck.  I've messaged Forum Moderator asking for help but haven't received a reply yet and have posted for assistance in the forum with no luck.  I've created this new ID just to post asking for help.  Can a Moderator get in touch to help me please and I can provide my details.

Thanks in advance.

Please use plain text.
vandelay

[ Edited ]

Hi mistertee,

we've experienced some server errors (I've seen a 500 error myself) but they should now be solved. So please try once more.

If it still won't work, email me at support.discussions@nokia.com so we can continue this via email.

Message Edited by vandelay on 06-Oct-2009 08:42 PM

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Hi Vandelay

Emailed you as requested as still having problems.

Matt

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

mistertee, it appears that you're going about it the wrong way.

You say that you're trying to log in with your forum ID in order to link it with your OVI ID afterwards.

You're supposed to log in with your OVI account and then link it with your forum ID.

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!

Please use plain text.
Contributor

grschinon wrote:
mistertee, it appears that you're going about it the wrong way.

You say that you're trying to log in with your forum ID in order to link it with your OVI ID afterwards.

You're supposed to log in with your OVI account and then link it with your forum ID.

I've tried both ways, neither work.

Please use plain text.
vandelay

[ Edited ]

Indeed, both ways should work. You can start pairing your accounts with either your Nokia account or Discussions credentials.

However, thanks to mistertee, we found a bug that was preventing some Discussions aliases that have an underscore ( _ ) to be migrated. This has now been fixed.

Also, we can now unpair any Discussions accounts. So if you now want to change to using another Nokia account, just email support.discussions at nokia.com and request this.

Message Edited by vandelay on 07-Oct-2009 03:08 PM

Please use plain text.
Professor
matt_t

Yup, am all sorted now.  Thank you!

Nokia N8 on O2-UK
Firmware 022.014
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

Hmm... A bug with usernames containing an underscore...

As in the SQL wildcard character when not escaped? You might want to check how the system responds to a '%' character as well. I wouldn't like someone with a username of 'grs%' deleting their account and an SQL query like "DELETE FROM `users` WHERE `id` LIKE 'grs%'" being executed...

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!

Please use plain text.
vandelay

Grschinon, I'm not going to even pretend that I understood that :smileyvery-happy:

But here's what our tech guys said:

“For all account management functions we use exact match of unique identifier of the user. This identifier value isn’t visible to users and has unique constraint on database level.“

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

LOL :smileyhappy:

That looks like a typical non-answer from people trying to cover up an elementary mistake (such as not escaping wildcard characters...)

Please use plain text.

How do I post on the discussion board? Please, explain in a simple language and not to technical. Thanks. My biggest interest in this site is of a more creative kind. I'm writing my third book and it's a futuristic plot, 20 years in the future, set in Stockholm and about a normal family. It's not science fiction. My stories have to be realistic and I need to know something about what might happen in the technological area. In my own mind I've already used my imagination, but it's always fun to talk to regular 'nerds' and their fantasy-premonitions.

So, how do I post on the discussion board?

Thanks, LDivelli

Please use plain text.