Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

1020 will not fully charge

Jerkyking

1020 will not fully charge

New 1020, first Nokia & Windows phone. Noticed it will not fully charge.

A few days ago I noticed it was not fully chargered after being on the supplied charger over night, it would top out at 73%.  I plugged it into an older wall charger and got it to 100%.

Today I noticed it was not fully charged and pluged it into a different charger that came with my wifes 1020 while I was driving (our car has a built in inverter).  Finally it said it was fully charged (looking at the Settings Screen) so I unpluged it... 10 minutes later it went right back to 73%. No calls were made and it was not used. 15 minutes later it was at 72%. I took screen shots of the settings screen.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mcj75

Re: 1020 will not fully charge

Ditto, I dont even have a 25% charge afer a full night. I went to the att carrier I bought it from an dhe saif to make sure you "arrow" out everytime you use the phone but even doing that hasn't helped.  The warranty dept is sending me anew phone. I've only had it 15 days :crying:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
CBChase

Re: 1020 will not fully charge

Reboot the phone - on restart it will read 100% charge.  The phone is actually charging, but it just won't register that fact until it's shut down and powered back up.  Complete pain in the a$$, but my phone does this about once a week.  Hopfully Nokia/Microsoft will wake up and get this fixed at some point.

Please use plain text.