Just begun the update lets see if the true potential of the Lumia 800 is released with this update to 12070 as claimed by several various blogs out on the net..Fingers crossed for the best..
FYI the past two days have been getting about 2 days and 5hrs approx out of the phone with moderate use..
Picture of the battery saver screen attached..
strange thing is that some from Singapore said they already got the 11207 but i checked the Singapore Nokia website and they still have it displayed 11501 is the latest SW.
Well, i have both the options under Phone Update ticked so i guess there's no reason why it should've pop up first instance Microsoft made it available in my country.
Just a bit weird by Microsoft made it available in some countries but didn't release any official press statement regarding it.
Same thing in India..The latest update not reflecting on the NOKIA site for Lumia 800..It still shows 11500..
On Zune the update12070 is available..
Does anyone know about the ''Tango" (Windows phone 7.7) update from Microsoft??
The update on Zune clearly states "Nokia update for Windows phone"..
FYI phone is updated now, so;
1) Audio has very good improvement (More balanced with BASS) than compared to the tin can sounding music before, on both speaker and wired headset..Audio is now good even at level 5-10/30 (as in loud)
2) Battery discharge rate between 60-100 with EDGE on..
3) Camera is improved..Noise level is significantly reduced (was alot earlier)..Candle light and sports modes are there now..Aperture for light sensitivity is more accurate (light sensing is better)..
4) The three soft keys (Back, Home & Search) now light up on all lightning modes (Low, Medium, High & Auto)..This wasnt working earlier..
5) Diagnostic app (##634#) no longer shows full battery charge capacity..It only shows the percentage, voltage and discharge rate..
6) The ultimate question by everyone..THE BATTERY..Well not yet taken it to max yet but after looking at the discharge rate it may just actually last a couple days without charging..Will update on this in future..
Currently outside India, but got my update on Zune last night for my Indian Lumia 800. It's good Nokia is coming out with the fixes. Hope they keep doing it. Anyways I've noticed the screen brightness has increased when automatic anyone else notice this?
If I recall in the earlier update and before there was a mention of the screen brightness varying in auto mode (Too High or Too Low)..Also the high setting made the screen excessively bright..Now with this 12070 update it better and balanced than before (Think the ALS sensor was also looked at by NOKIA)..
Just removed the phone from charging (1:00am) after update to F/W12070..
100% + about two hours additional..
Remaining life on screen is 1 day 22 hrs..(Drop by 7 hrs from previous F/W 11500 update)
EDGE left on..
Will update later on regarding battery life..
Too early to give any assesment..Lets see how it fairs..
Oh one more things..Everyone who wants to use the Diagnostic app..Uninstall restart then reinstall it for the updated version..
I am on a Cyan 900, bot from "3", unlocked legally, now on Vodafone (but I still get the heinous "3" logo upon start-up) and although the OS updated, I am still on the old-old firmware.
What's gonna happen to me when the 12070 arrives to my Zune (if at all...)?
Before any of you jokers download the india firmware, you should probably know 2 things:
1) There are significant bugs concerning the volume with this firmware (it will for instance suddenly go to full volume randomely, when someone calls and also when connecting the phone to anything eg [pc)
2) You can no longer set a destination or route in the 'Maps' app. You can only see where you are. (yeah.....so a PRETTY big bug
Have fun kitty kats. Till next time.