Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: 1600.2487.8107.12070 firmware

Advisor
jerms

Yes if 12070 is available in ur area. New update comes with all the goodies of past updates
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
VoodooKing

forbiddenshani wrote:

@angler

-apparently i was told that the 11207 SW is pushed by Microsoft and not Nokia hence it is unlikely that Nokia is going to published it first and further there is no official statement released by Nokia regarding this 11207 being official released.

-strange through that some of you people got it through Zune and while evidence suggests that the Singapore region got the update but only a handful got them which led to only one conclusion, they didn't get it through Zune.

I don't know what "manually" means but it probably means not from Zune.

The first time when I read this post, one word came to my mind "Retarded"

The update was pushed down via ZUNE and its an OFFICIAL update. So stop being a retard and get over it.

Please use plain text.
Sage
angler

Why limit to a small part of people can download via Zune?  Nokia has learnt from Anna upgrade and released Belle upgrade to most people.  A better cooperation between Nokia and Microsoft should have done before any upgrade.  Only Singapore and India can update via Zune in the past 2 days while Nokia announced at 7 Mar 2012 that this firmware has been officially released.  Have you seen such happened in Apple releasing IOS upgrade?  The WP updating policy is still very vague.  Some said Microsoft allowed for 2 major upgrade, while current rumour are saying WP8 is in different kernal and cannot be updated by first generation WP.  Carrier may keep any update until the next update.  Android update are tied to OEM but Microsoft seems worsen this.  I shall not buy any WP since I have been left out when Microsoft did the same with Windows Mobile and now lowering the entrance level to 256mb RAM for Tango.

angler
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
RussU

Re: 1600.2487.8107.12070 firmware - what's gonna happen to those that havnt got the 11500 update?

[ Edited ]

apollinaris wrote:

Guys, does anybody know if I can skip the 8107.79 update and go directly for 8107.12070 (when it's available here, in Europe)? I de-installed 8107.79 on purpose as it was rather buggy for me. So currently I'm on 7740 one.

Just want to make sure that I will be notified and allowed to get 12070 without first installing the 8107.79 one. Thanks!

Not exactly, 8107.79 is an O/S update, 8107.12070 is a firmware update only.

You could just install 12070, but you would still have 7440 O/S.

Please use plain text.
aseem123

Re: 1600.2487.8107.12070 firmware - what's gonna happen to those that havnt got the 11500 update?

coolkat wrote:

Before any of you jokers download the india firmware, you should probably know 2 things:

1) There are significant bugs concerning the volume with this firmware (it will for instance suddenly go to full volume randomely, when someone calls and also when connecting the phone to anything eg [pc)

2) You can no longer set a destination or route in the 'Maps' app. You can only see where you are. (yeah.....so a PRETTY big bug :smileyhappy:

Have fun kitty kats. Till next time.

About the 1), I have confirmed that bug. It only happens if the volume is less than 10 (happens everytime). Others who have the 12070 firmware can check this out. Keep your volume less than 10 and call. The ringtone starts at high volume and then returns to low volume. Also if you are playing music at less than volume of 10 and someone calls, the music blasts at 30 volume for 1 sec , then the ringone plays at 30 volume and then it returns to low volume. After rejecting the call or finishing the call, the music starts playing again (which it should do) but at full volume (should not do because my volume was set at less than 10) for 1 second and then it plays at low volume. Nokia should really improve their Internal Firmware testing.

About the 2), if you set your Browser and search language (available in region+language settings menu) to English(US or UK), Maps does everything you say.

Please use plain text.
IanLeonard

I have to say that I'm disappointed with Nokia and Microsoft. I bought the Lumia 800 at it's release last year. I'd been looking for ages and was lined up to get the iPhone was was persuaded to wait for the Windows 7 phone. What a BIG mistake. The battery life on the 800 has been terrible from the start. Shortly after its release there was an urgent update to try and fix the issue, still no resolution, then now, after ALL this time, there is a fix which apparenly triples battery life and the UK appears to be way down the line to get the update.

With all due respect Nokia and Microsoft, you may have lost a customer here in the UK!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
paulheu

As in the current firmware battery life is about on par with that of the iPhone I would say that things will only get better.. And if four months is _ALL_ this time for you I dunno.. seems Nokia are pretty much on the ball with an update about every 6 weeks on average.

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Please use plain text.
Advisor
lupeders

It is not pair with iPhone paulheu. After 8 hours at work, i have 23% left. That means I have to charge the phone twice a day. That is not good enough and even the iPhone 3g is better than this. 

I am considering going back to my old HTC, just because of this. I cant trust this phone ant .p.t. I have to live in a charger.  

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
masterpeura

I cannot agree with you people, who say the iPhone has better battery life, nor the 3GS or iPhone 4 have better battery life than the Lumia 800, I had to charge my iPhona daily, like I have to charge my Lumia, and the battery lasts roughly the same through a day, as for updates however, I have to agree, iOS was released worldwide, and no carrier **bleep**.
Please use plain text.
IanLeonard

Every 6 weeks with updates? The last firmware update in the UK was before Christmas!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
oneFinn

lupeders,

Sounds pretty odd, have you checked that Xbox live connection is disabled (battery eater) and if you have MS facebook app installedm that the setting "Run under screen lock" is not selected (another battery killer, seems to update itself quite often). MS's native applications are capable of runnign in the background even if they are closed (3th party apps cannot, they can only use background agents). Even with 11500/11501 frimware, i can easily get 24h+ usage times with normal business use (calls, mails, some web browsing and muisc listening).

Please use plain text.
Sage
angler

I have read somewhere that Microsoft praise WP has battery life better than Android and Samsung has claimed to make device with at least one day usage in 2012.  Hope this new firmware can achieve the perceived value of WP.  To my experience, Lumia 800 battery life is not on par with my 1 year old HTC Desire HD.  

angler
Please use plain text.
Advisor
lupeders

Both were enabled. Have tried to disable it. I am never using Xbox live and have just logged in there.

As I say, mine was holding for 8 hours, then I only had 23 % remaining.

Thanx OneFinn. I will let you know if it is working.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
netkrusader

Finally after 36 hrs of average usage i.e. plenty of music listening, phone calls, web surfing and constant synchronizing with Facebook n my mail accounts, my phone has shown the critical battery level message...
I hope you all get the same battery performance after this update..
Please use plain text.
Advisor
AdriansLumia800

Hi,

Many are confused as to why the New Firmware details are not published on the respective Nokia site and why during the update it clearly states "NOKIA update for Windows Phone" Hence the question WAS is it offical..

Tango (WP7.7) is slated for release in the next two months (April/May)..Check online in various forums..

As for this update 12070..Just saw some bugs..

1) THIS CONFIRMS AN EARLY POST IN THIS THREAD ABOUT THE RINGER VOLUME.. The volume level when the phone rings for the first 1-2 seconds jumps to max then comes down to what was set..It is horrible loud (enough to make everyone around you know that your receiving a call and wake up the dead.)

2) After I did a soft reset via settings after the update, the Battery saver screen option to activate the battery saver cannot be selected and önly the percentage of battery charge is available without showing remaining time and time since last charge..Even the IMEI and SIM ID in the about screen is missing..These issues are resolved by restarting the phone and then are fine..

3) Now for the battery..Before the update the remaining time used to show 2 days and 5 hrs on average with average use..Now after the update it has dropped to 1 day and 15-17 hrs on average with average use..Still early days though for this F/w update..The battery saver screen is also not reliable at all and I agree with an earlier post that said the algorithim keeps estimating depending on usage..One instance was last night where my phone had about 24% charge (4hrs) and I chanced it by not putting it on charge while I slept..When I woke up the next morning after roughly 7-8hrs it was in battery saver mode with 6hrs remaining (The battery saver kicks in exactly when the remaining charge percentage is 20%)..Today will try with the battery saver on thru out till the 20% mark..

I say as what the N8 had with regard to ONLY battery power management where we could see only the percentage and the option to activate the battery saver maunally by just tapping on the battery icon should be kept with the Lumia 800 because all of us have become too aware of the battery by looking at the battery saver screen and the diagnostic app..The N8 was a great phone with hardware to match..

NOKIA you guys are getting things sorted out slowly but dont sort it too slowly..The Lumia is a great phone with alot of potential, but your need to strike the right Firmware and OS balance like your'll did with your earlier smart phones, like the N8-00 for example and so on..Handed it is a new avenue with windows but your'll need to work more closer together to sort things out..

HOPING TO SEE ANOTHER MORE ACCURATE AND PROPER FIRMWARE UPDATE COMING WHEN MICROSOFT RELEASES THE TANGO UPDATE..

Cheers..

My Current Phone: Lumia 800 Black (Windows Phone 7.5)
My Previous Phone: Nokia N8-00 Dark Grey (Symbian S^3 - Anna)
Phones Before: X6-00, 5800ME, N72ME, 3510, 3310 (Symbian S40-60)
Please use plain text.
Advisor
PaulSlide

netkrusader, were you using 3G at all?
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

paulheu wrote:

parag4485 wrote:
After updating still getting chattering sound via calling headphone.

Make sure you have TTY/TDD support in Ease of access settings turned off!

ya its turned off. i am getting sound like if we put our mobile near PC speaker that time if any calls comes then sound is arrived. That type sound is coming in headphone during calling.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
rahulxsinha

Hi Parag4485,

Looks like you have a defective unit... I suggest you take it either for a replacement or repair...

If latest firmware is still giving you the Interference, it strongly suggests that its a defect... Nokia has released three firmwares till date. If you have this annoying interference, I doubt any trick/ tweak is gonna help you...

Please use plain text.
josecokem

@coolkat >> Looks like its only your handset which is playing a "joke" on you.... I can set destination in both Bing Maps and Nokia Drive... 

Hoy can you do that, I also cannot do it in my lumia 710

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
rahulxsinha

[ Edited ]

@josecokem >> You are aware that the Start Point has to be your current location.. Right ?

That being the case >> Fire Maps (Not Nokia Maps) >> It will detect your current Location >> In the map locate your Destination and Touch it for 2-3 seconds >> The destination will be set >> Finally press the "UP Arrow key" at the bottom.... As simple as that....

In Nokia Drive >> Wait for the GPS Lock >> Click on the bottom right icon and select Set Destination >> Type the Location you want to go.......

Don't quite understand, where is the confusion.... Are you talking about choosing a different Start Point other than your current Location >> Then you have to wait for the New Version of Nokia Drive which will allow this feature + Full Offline Navigation (just like Symbian Devices)... 

Please use plain text.