Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

2.1 amp charger?

Counsellor
michail71
Accepted Solution

2.1 amp charger?

Has anyone tried using a 2.1 amp charger on the phone?  I'm wondering if it would work better to charge the phone when it is in use.  

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Re: 2.1 amp charger?

@michail71

Whilstt I have heard of users utilising iPad chargers with Lumia devices, from a Nokia warranty perspective it probably can't be advocated although device is probably well protected electronically from current fluctuation.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
paulheu

The Phone's charging hardware will limit the charging current to the max allowed. In general a 2A charger would be sufficient. iPhone compatible chargers will not charge other phones at their full capacity due to a propriety wiring scheme unique to iPhones.

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
michail71

paulheu wrote:

The Phone's charging hardware will limit the charging current to the max allowed. In general a 2A charger would be sufficient. iPhone compatible chargers will not charge other phones at their full capacity due to a propriety wiring scheme unique to iPhones.

So it sounds like more of a generic 2 amp charger would be a better option than an iPad charger.  

I'm not sure what the specs are on the the phone as far as the maximum draw it would have.  The OEM chargers are 1 amp but they even stuggle to charge under hevy phone usage.  

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

I've been using 2amp chargers from android tablets for a while and all work flawlessly with the Nokia Lumia's. Charging is a bit faster but not double that of a 1amp charger. As long as the charger is 5 volts it is safe to use.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

I use 2A tablet chargers all the time. It is handier to use them so I don't have to have separate chargers for phone and tablets.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
michail71

psychomania wrote:
I've been using 2amp chargers from android tablets for a while and all work flawlessly with the Nokia Lumia's. Charging is a bit faster but not double that of a 1amp charger. As long as the charger is 5 volts it is safe to use.
Thanks, I wasn't expecting double but was just hopeing that it may help the phone to perhaps charge better while in use.
Please use plain text.