Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: 5ghz Wifi doesn't work in Flight-Mode with Wif...

Contributor
Mashee

5ghz Wifi doesn't work in Flight-Mode with Wifi turned ON Lumia 820

** Lumia 820 **

Turn Flight-Mode [ON].   This disables all wireless connections, including phone network, bluetooth, and wifi AS EXPECTED.  

Now manually turn Wifi [ON].  5ghz networks will not show as available.  2.4ghz networks both show, and connect normally.

Turn Flight-Mode [OFF].  5ghz networks now show and work normally.  This is non-sensicle.

Can anyone confirm that their phone contains the same bug.

------------------------------------------------------------

OS Version: 8.0.9903.10

Firmware Rev Num: 1232.2109.1242.1001

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Mugzy82

Re: 5ghz Wifi doesn't work in Flight-Mode with Wifi turned ON Lumia 820

My lumia 820 does that too. Can find no work around on the phone to get it to work.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Mashee

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the confirmation that it doesn't work properly Mugzy.   

This is clearly a software bug that needs addressing and was overlooked in testing. 

Is there a formalised bug report medium for this kind of issue??  It's not a user error, it's an actual, duplicable problem.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Mashee

I'm a little surprised that no Nokia rep seems to be able to respond to a bug that can be duplicated.

Am I posting on the wrong forum or something??

Please use plain text.
Professor
jraduga

you would need to ring nokia themselves or visit a nokia store to report this as an issue. Whilst this forum is the nokia forum, its for the community to help each other.. Nokia reps rarely discuss issues on here. They may make announcements from time to time.

Having said that both the moderators and some nokia staff do visit the pages to keep an eye on things such as these issues, even though they don't comment on them directly.

I would be keen to see if this issue is related to the firmware or the hardware. Obviously if its hardware related then maybe Nokia can look at it for future models, if it firmware related then Microsoft may be able to fix it in some future release.
Please use plain text.