Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

822 Camera Not Working

GSDragoon
Accepted Solution

822 Camera Not Working

Hi, I just got a Lumia 822 and the camera is not working. The camera app and button both do the same thing. The phone looks to start a transition animation, then immediately goes back to where it was. I've tried resetting the camera through the settings and rebooting the phone, but they don't help. Any ideas?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
paulheu

Re: 822 Camera Not Working

Return to Verizon store

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

try performing a hard reset after backing up all personal data, otherwise as Paulheu has suggested, you will need to take it back to your point of purchase, or if they are not helping, to your local Nokia Care point for them to inspect.

to locate Nokia Care: http://nokia.com/support
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
RichN

You may not be pressing the button far enough.  It took me a bit to figure it out.  When you press the camera button half way, it sets the focus.  You need to continue to press it all the way to take the picture.  It takes a little more force than you would expect it to.

Please use plain text.
GSDragoon

A complete reset didn't help. I ended up getting a replacement that works just fine.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
DaBoostR

[ Edited ]

Working Solution - NOT A FIX

Hello All.... I too have been hit with this bug.  It occurred shortly after the latest Phone update, but I had also been installing a few camera apps as well and can't isoloate the exact cause.  For me, the camera is a huge part of my phone experience.  I have 2 little kids and rely on my camera app. 

Problem:

Click the Camera Tile or Press the Camera Button and the app loads with a black screen and grey out icons and then quits.

Solution:

Go to Camera Settings and select the options:

-Press and hold camera button to wake up phone

-Prevent accidental camera launch when phone is locked

To access your camera app, lock your phone (power off).  Then use the camera button to wake it up.  It will launch you into a working camera app.  This has worked 100% of the time.  I also noticed that the phone will wake up into the camera app if I leave it open and the phone goes to sleep.  When I know I'm going to use my camera, I lock it, power on by holding the camera button and I'm good to go!

Rememba' DaBoostR!!!!!!

Moderator's note: We removed the email addresses mentioned in the message. Posting of personal information in a public forum is not recommended. 

Please use plain text.