Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: 920 - The world’s most innovative smartphone. ...

Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Re: 920 - The world’s most innovative smartphone. Really?

n95_nick wrote:

I can see 'Keep WiFi on when screen times out'

You have portico so.Which is good.

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

I don't have any problems with websites not working on the browser.  It's the lack of functions and options that I'm having a problem with.  Unable (as yet) to sync bookmarks, unable to selectively delete cookies, history, passwords...has to be all or nothing.  I've come from using one of the worst browsers on a mobile platform to IE10.  One wasn't great but at least had tons of browsing settings and options and the other works well but doesn't provide many options.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

After an exchange of emails between Nokia and myself, one of their representatives gave me a call to discuss my concerns. They may have just been diplomatic to keep me happy, but they did agree that some of the issues I mentioned were in need of some attention. They said that they are working on fixes and improvements. That is great, as long as they deliver.

Can't grumble with the goodwill gesture. Nice touch indeed :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Battery life is the new concern. I didn't think it was that bad at first but it's terrible. Once it starts to drop, there's no turning back.

Probably not fair to compare it to Symbian but I used to be able to go 2+ days between charges on my 808 and that included browsing, music playing, gaming etc.

Either there's a high percentage of faulty 920 handsets out there or there are some serious issues that need addressing asap.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
paulheu

n95_nick wrote:

Either there's a high percentage of faulty 920 handsets out there or there are some serious issues that need addressing asap.

You forgot one other option here;

As this is a go-to place for many if they have an issue the 'working fine' and 'having an issue' ratio on boards like this will in general not represent the real world ratio. It certainly can't be used as a reference for the true world fail ratio.

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

paulheu wrote:

n95_nick wrote:

You forgot one other option here;

As this is a go-to place for many if they have an issue the 'working fine' and 'having an issue' ratio on boards like this will in general not represent the real world ratio. It certainly can't be used as a reference for the true world fail ratio.

Well yes, there is that but this is not the only forum where users ask for help.  Problems on the 920 are well documented.

As much as I like the phone, I expected a little better.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
paulheu

My comment holds true for forums/techblogs/user discussions in general. I think you'll also find it's often the same people posting on this in several places.. I have seen several people post the same complaint/issue in exactly the same wording on two or three forums..

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Seem to be having a problem with some mail notifications now.

The live tile tells me I have X amount of messages, so far, so good.  I then go into my mail box to read said messages.  I then choose to delete them and that should be that.

Only it isn't.  They keep coming back!  The exact same messages.  I go through it again and this time I delete them from the deleted items folder too.....then when mail syncs again, hello again.

Different mail providers too.

Please use plain text.