Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: 920 and LTE issues with the 1314 update

Contributor
Steveturbo

920 and LTE issues with the 1314 update

I live on the fringe of an LTE area, the coverage in my immediate area is HSPA+/4G, however my 920 wants to go out and seek out a weak LTE signal.  When it does this the vast majority of the time I can't receive calls, sms, mms, web, email, etc.  Customer support was no help, other then wanting me to send my phone back.  My wife has a 920 as well and has the same issues at my home, so sending it back won't help the issue. If Nokia wants to they can come to my house to test it.  These issues got progressively  worse after the last two firmware updates, I am now on 1314, and Nokia does not give us a way to turn LTE off. I call my voice mail to fall back on 3G to get my phone to work, I can get data since i have wifi, but not sms or mms, this is very annoying like the Nokia customer service rep I talked to.   This is not acceptable.  When I am in a proper LTE area the LTE connectivity works fine, with fast speed.   LTE won't be in my home area at least until the end of the year, until then I am fine with shutting off LTE.

Nokia please give me the option to turn LTE off on my 920.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

Don't you have the option to set 3G as the highest connection speed in Settings > mobile network?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

rayhipkiss wrote:

Don't you have the option to set 3G as the highest connection speed in Settings > mobile network?

Also, if that option is missing from your phone you could try dialling ##3282 (call) to enter the Field test menu. From there you can tap menu (three white dots) > Settings > Network type and set this to 3G only.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Steveturbo

No, only option there is is to turn a the data connection on or off and to turn data roaming on or off. Also to manually add APNs but they are not needed.  From what I read on the Internet  there was a field test code that you could enter to get into that menu on previous version that would allow it.  Just need Nokia to make it a cellular settings option.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Steveturbo

those codes no longer work with the new upgrades.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Steveturbo

Anyone know the Field test menu  code for the 1314 update?

Please use plain text.
Mari_K

I am having the same issue!! I've asked for help from Nokia and Windows and AT&T. I've had my phone replaced, SIM card replaced, and nothing has worked. My phone keeps going from 2-3 bars of LTE (which is strange because there are NO LTE/4G towers where I live) to no signal, to full bars Edge service, but won't connect to 3G which IS what's available where I live. I keep getting error messages when I try to send texts "can't send. Try again" and then the recipients of said texts will say they've received it multiple times. My phone won't ring, but I'll hear the voicemail notification. And this has been since AFTER the 1314 update. Its driving me nuts, I loved my Lumia so much. I just want it to go back to the way it was, being able to make and receive calls and texts!

Please use plain text.
Mari_K

I don't know if you're still having trouble with texts /calls but I tried shutting off the data connection setting and so far so good. I have WiFi at home, so I won't miss any live updates and notifications. But since I shut off the data connection setting, my signal has stopped switching from LTE to no signal and shows a constant signal of 3 bars, which I'm assuming is a 3G signal since that's what's available where I live. When I leave my house, I'll put data connection back on, but for now, this is working and I haven't gotten any texts back saying "can't send" or complaints that my texts are coming through multiple times.

Please use plain text.