Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

A different BATTERY problem

Advisor
GiannisSot
Accepted Solution

A different BATTERY problem

I noticed the last week that i have a battery problem. Not similar like the issue of less than 1000mAh which can see via Nokia Diagnostics.

My Lumia 800 shows over 1500mAh at Diagnostics but shuts down at 30% percent!!!!

This happened to me the last THREE continuous times.

Is this because software affects my Lumia 800 too? Can i go to my local Nokia Care and ask for a replacement with a new Lumia 800? And how can i prove that my Lumia 800 has battery problem, if via Diagnostics my full charge capacity is over 1500mAh?

Please use plain text.
Sage
N8one

Re: A different BATTERY problem

Hi there, 

This certainly does seem like a fault, most likley with the software. Either shutting your handset down prematurely or simply displaying the incorrect amount of battery life remaining. 

Take it to a care point and dont panic about proving it is faulty, it will be tested as much as possible to verify the fault and then either repaired or exchanged. 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
VoodooKing

My advice is not to trust the battery readout at all. Even though it shows you have 30% left, the battery is actually flat.

Wait for the 11501 rollout coming next week.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
GiannisSot

[ Edited ]

Thank you all for your answers. I will wait for the battery update. If it doesnt solves the problem, i will go at the Nokia Care to ask for replacement, unfortunately.

I will come back with further info, after the update. I hope update will come as soon as possible.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
GiannisSot

Well i updated my Lumia 800 at a Nokia Care, because it was impossible to wait it via Zune.

I have good and bad news.

The good is that my phone now doesnt shut down at 30%.

The bad news are that before update i had over 1500mAh full charge capacity. After and before the charging i had 1480mAh...All good until now. But after every charging, the full charge capacity continuously reduced. 

For example, at the second charging i had 1400mAh,

at the 3rd i had 1360mAh,

at the 4rth i had 1250mAh,

at the 5fth i had 1145mAh.

Today i ll do my sixth charging.

Also, the remaining time has decreased dramatically. My Lumia 800 cannot be without charging over 15 hours now. Before the update and with the problem, from 100% to 30% battery i had autonomy of over 36 hours.

I contacted this morning, the official Nokia customer care at Bulgary, i am from Greece. A very kind man speaking greek of course told me that my problem will be send to Headquarters at Finland. I asked for a replacement, but they told told me that the steps is to send my Lumia for a first look at the central service and maybe fix it. As my phone will be serviced, i will have a Nokia 5800 replacement!!!! Oh my GOD. I paid 485 euros to have a 5800? For how many days? 10? 20? A month? I do not want any fix. I accept that my phone is defective. It is not rare at mass production. It happens. I want NOW a new Lumia 800 and i do not want to go again at a Nokia Care. A want an easy life with my Lumia 800. 

I also told that at other Europe countries, Nonia Care stores have replaced the problematic phones. Why they do not do the same at my country?

Will anyone pay me the time that i lose from my job, running for my Nokia Lumia 800?

Αn indignant Nokia customer,

Giannis Sotiriadis, Greece.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
GiannisSot

Finally Nokia replaced my phone with a new Lumia 800.  Suffering for 4 weeks without my old Lumia 800 however.

Now, I am very happy....AGAIN......

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
shapur14

Lumia keeps turning itself on and off

Hi there,

I bought my nokia lumia 3 weeks ago... and since then it shuts it self off and turns it self on. this happened once or twice in the first two weeks of purchase. Today it has been happening consecutively 15-20 times. What could be the problem?? The battery bar shows full capacity. 

Please use plain text.