Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: A duplicate "ghost image" of the keyboard over...

Counsellor
ninehundro

A duplicate "ghost image" of the keyboard overlays my e-mail reply...

[ Edited ]

When replying to an e-mail from my Hotmail account on my Windows Phone, a "ghost image" of the keyboard overlays the left side of my reply message. Is there anything I can do to eliminate this "ghost image"?

This is the second Lumia 900 I have had this problem with. Is there a fix for this so I do not have to return this under warranty again?

Thanks for your help!

1. Phone Manufacturer: Nokia 

2. Phone Model: Lumia 900

3. Mobile Operator: AT&T

4. Phone Operating System version: Windows Phone 7.5 (7.10.8112.7)

5. Zune software version: Latest

6. Computer Operating System version: Windows 7 Professional (Service Pack 1)

Moderator's note; removed device IMEI number. It is not advised to publish private information on a public forum.

-Paul
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ninehundro

Re: A duplicate "ghost image" of the keyboard overlays my e-mail reply...

I have attached a picture of the issue.  The ghost image of the keyboard only seems to appear when I reply to a message that is part of a conversation in my Hotmail app.

-Paul
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
sparkedfire

I have seen this too and just ignored it.  Odd software bug I guess.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
luiscantero

Update to 7.10.8773.98, that should fix the problem.
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsphone/en-us/howto/wp7/basics/update-history.aspx
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ninehundro

I have updated to Tango:

OS version: 7.10.8779.8

Firmware revision number: 2175.2301.8779.12223

I still have the problem.  It seems to appear more on longer threads when I reply to an email message.

-Paul
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
plannermagee

I have the same problem on my Lumia 710. Was this ever resolved?
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ninehundro

Hello plannermagee,

This issue was not resolved.  I posted the same question on the Microsoft Answers site and recently there was a Microsoft employee who said he would look into it, but that is the last I have heard.

The good news is that I have not seen this issue on the HTC Windows Phone 8X or my Lumia 920. :smileyhappy:

-Paul
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Rcballa12

This happens on my Lumia 900, too. I've had the original screen replaced with an OEM part and the issue still occurs as it did before.

The ghost image is active and you can see it updating as you type or hite buttons. For example, pause on the backspace key and you can see that key highlighted in the ghost image. Odd and unpolished!

Please use plain text.