I faced some strange problems after 7.8 firmware update.
1. Phone performance degradation after somedays without restart. After restart it works fine.
2. I feel scrolling is not fluid as it was in 7.5.
3. WiFi doesnt connect during call.
4. I see severe connectivity issues with cellular/voice. After this upgrade we went to a trip to Grand Canyon. There my phone couldnt connect to cellular unless i reboot it however my wife's phone(iphone 4s) could actively search and connect whenever it could find tower. Both are AT&T phones.
5. Recently it started auto clicking on it's own (failed to attach video here).
Did anybody noticed similar issues?
Can you please include fixes for these in your next update?
The 7.8 has been pulled because of problems with live tiles.
If a Live Tile tries to refresh and is unable to connect to the internet address it uses, then it just loops with no time out. (battery drain and high data use)
The effects you see may be caused by that.
In 7.5 there was a limited number of tries before activity was halted.
Your best bet is to go back to 7.5 and wait for another upgrade from Microsoft.