Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

APPLICATIONS RUNNING ON LUMIA 900

Advisor
oba_12

APPLICATIONS RUNNING ON LUMIA 900

My lumia 900 appears to have some applications/sites running at the background, consuming my internet bundle plans at an alarming rate. I wish to know if there are applications/sites that run in the background, apart from the e-mail accounts which i choose to keep running, so i could disable/disconnect them, and run them only when i have need for them.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Re: APPLICATIONS RUNNING ON LUMIA 900

@oba_12

You can always go to Settings > moile network > Data connection = OFF

Check "Find my phone" that both options disabled unless you need this function.

Do you want "Location services" permanently on?

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Professor
KennyKB

Setting data connetion to off isn't an ideal solution as he needs to keep the data connection on to receive notifications from email and social media. Some investigative work need to be done to find the culprit using data in the background. Unfortunately I don't have any idea.

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Kosh

In Settings>(flick right)applications>Background tasks you can see which applications are running in the background. You can turn the ones you do not want to do so off here.

As indicated you can also minimize the frequency the 'find my phone' feature will update. This ill make it less accurate, but will save both energy and decrease the use of data connection.

Also be aware that if you are running multiple mail account they may connect to check for mail at different times.

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!

Please use plain text.