Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: After recieving a mms, I can't send a sms back...

Contributor
Tebby
Accepted Solution

After recieving a mms, I can't send a sms back. Nokia Lumia 920.

Heya all.

I have had this problem since I got my phone.

If I get a mms from someone, I can't send a sms back to that person before I DELETE all of the conversation with that person, the whole thread. This is getting very annoying since I got many sms I want to keep.

It just tells me that the message can't be sent, please try again.

It's a new simcard so that shouldn't be the problem.

Thanks for all answers :smileyhappy:

Marianne.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
paulheu

Re: After recieving a mms, I can't send a sms back. Nokia Lumia 920.

Have you tried to switch the conversation to text mode by selecting the  icon in the messaging hub?

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Tebby

I can't seem to find that icon..

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Not sure ..but in the threaded view..if you tap on the SENDER's name at the top do you then get the options for call mobile and text ? If so tap on text and see what happens ...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Tebby

[ Edited ]

No still don't work, get the message that I can't send the message and try again...

I can write a reply, but can't send it.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Is it the same if you go to 'Messaging' and tap the + Icon (New message) at the bottom and sent it as a NEW message to the sender ? 

Also, is the problem with only to the contact which sends the MMS or you can't send any text message to any other contact till you delete the conversation ..?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Tebby

YAY!!! that works :smileyvery-happy: if I click the + and then send a new message it works. Thank you so much!!! Now I can finally answer people without deleting the whole conversation :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.