Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Apps Update - Error Code 80048823

Contributor
Zozzer

Apps Update - Error Code 80048823

My Nokia 820 failed to update a Skype App, and produced an error code of 80048823.

I've checked the SD card for errors and found none.  I've put a brand new SD Card

formatted on a Win 7 desktop PC into my phone but I'm still getting the same error.

Any idea's on how to fix the problem. ?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Re: Apps Update - Error Code 80048823

It could just be a temporary server issue. Try a again later. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Zozzer

My wifes Nokia 820 updated Skype without a problem.  So I uninstalled Skype then tried to re-install it but it failed with the same error code.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

If I am not mistaken, it is usualy due to a server issue or wrong login credentials. Might be worth checking your microsoft account on your pc to make sure you can login without problems. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Zozzer

[ Edited ]

Nothing wrong with microsoft account,

I tried to download other Apps without success,  so I was forced into doing a complete RESET.   This fixed the problem.

I hated having to do it as I use Nokia Drive Beta for offline satelite navigation when touring around Europe in our motorhome and had most of the EU maps installed.  When doing a phone backup even though it backs up the Apps it doesn't backup the maps, so I now have to reinstall every map MANUALLY.

In the ideal world Nokia could resolve this issue and back up maps as well as apps.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Well, I would question the need to backup the map data. The reason being it is updated a couple of times every year so you would end up redownloading the latest version a couple of times a year. I suppose the rationale behind it is, why backup when you can always redownload the latest update. 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
joeys

Stop using skype on your phone.  Use google instead...less problems for us.  Google hangout  is just like skype.

Please use plain text.