Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: When reference error 8000ffff turn wifi on (so...

Contributor
gbrugman
Accepted Solution

Aren’t able to check available updates ... contact support, reference error 8000ffff

We aren’t able to check "NOKIA Lumia 800" for available updates right now.

Please try again later. If you need to contact support, reference error 8000ffff

Current Version: 07.10.08107.03

Didn't find any reference to this error 8000ffff on the Nokia support site or any other mobile platform site.

Will try again later.  Restarted my device but still the same error

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Re: Aren’t able to check available updates ... contact support, reference error 8000ffff

@gbrugman

Although all data would be lost from device you may well have to "hard reset" your Lumia 800 to resolve this issue unfortunately.

8000ffff is quite a common Windows error code.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Contributor
gbrugman

When reference error 8000ffff turn wifi on (solution)

Thanks, but a hard reset isn't necessary, luckely. Simple solution is to turn wifi on. This morning I realised that I forgot to turn wifi on yesterday. So I tried again today, same error and turned on wifi and shut the device down en up again with wifi on. Connected it to my PC and teh following result: There are no updates available for "NOKIA Lumia 800" So when Using Windows Phone 7 connector you not only connect the cable but also have to turn wifi on otherwise you get this error. I turn wifi of when I'm not in a neigbourhood of a known wireless network.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
teeharju

Re: When reference error 8000ffff turn wifi on (solution)

Unbelievable, it really works! Don't understand what WLAN has to do with update be working..
Please use plain text.
Advisor
userlumia900

I've had the same error message when checking updates with windows phone connector for MAC. See the pasted error message below. I'm testing the Nokia Lumia 900:

We aren’t able to check "NOKIA Lumia 900" for available updates right now. Please try again later. If you need to contact support, reference error 8000ffff

Please use plain text.
Advisor
userlumia900

Is it resolved with WIFI on? I don't recall my steps from Thursday, April 26, 2012. At that time, I reset the phone, reinstalled windows phone connector for MAC and completed the update w/o error. Today, Sat. April 28, 2012, i connected the Nokia 900 phone to the windows phone connector for MAC and encountered the same problem I don't remember if I had wireless turned off with today's update attempt. I will try this again and update this post later today
Please use plain text.
Advisor
userlumia900

Completed my second and third update, back-to-back,on Sat. 28ARP2012, using windows phone connector for MAC with wireless option enabled and cellular data connection turned off. Updated w/o problems. Dialogue box read, "There are no updates available for "NOKIA Lumia 900"
Please use plain text.
Advisor
userlumia900

Completed 4th update test. This time, Nokia 900 cellular data connection turned on. Wireless turned on. Update sequence completed w/o problem. Userlumia900 is in agreement with gbrugman and teeharju for now. I will post again if I encounter further update synchronization problems
Please use plain text.
Advisor
userlumia900

Now the question: Nokia, will you take a formal position on this post and sanction this work around solution?
Please use plain text.
Advisor
userlumia900

Solved button affixed to this discussion: good enough!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Dhwani

[ Edited ]

though I am using only WLAN, I am getting same error while downloading whatsapp(region: India). and I am having Nokia Lumia 610. 

Please use plain text.