Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Audio setting problem with Lumia 820.

Advisor
Accepted Solution

Audio setting problem with Lumia 820.

Received my replacement Lumia 820 handset yesterday and have it all set up nicely, only to find a problem with some settings.

In settings when i try to click "audio" for the equalizer and dolby i get an error "audio can't be opened. An app update may be available in the store" there are no updates available for the phone or the store. Also when i try to click accessories i get the same error message except it says accessories instead of audio.

I was not getting this with the previous 820 i had.

What is causing this issue? Someone know? I dont want to hard reset the handset as i've spent ages setting it up.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
adrianhughes

hi mate,

have you tried performing a soft reset (pressing the volume down and power buttons together until the phone vibrates)? Then if you can't see the Nokia system app updates in the Store, if there are no notifications for these updates...follow the instructions in this thread: http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Pool-of-Knowledge/Nokia-Windows-Phone-8-App-Updates/td-p/1640082

Let us know how you get on mate
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Advisor

thank you so much. soft reset did not work, but i did a hard reset last night which fixed it. That thread helped me as the nokia apps dont seem to be being updated, thanks a lot!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
adrianhughes

you're most welcome mate :smileyhappy:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.