Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Audiobook player for Lumia 800?

sys_ys

Audiobook player for Lumia 800?

Want to use my new Lumia for Audiobooks i have on file in MP3 format but need a player that can pause and have the functions like MortPlayer Audiobooks eller Smart audiobook player for Android...

Have read somewhere a guy that used Mort for Window phones but think it is for a older version...

Any suggestions?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
anseio

Re: Audiobook player for Lumia 800?

Follow this tutorial:

http://www.1800pocketpc.com/how-to-get-mp3-audiobooks-to-your-windows-phone-tutorial/23369/

It's a simple little program that turns a specified directory of mp3's into a faux podcast. You then enter the podcast url into Zune and it downloads everything and syncs them to your phone.

You can even add an image to the feed.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
trishj

Problem with Zune is that the controls are inappropriate for audiobooks, ie no bookmarks, jump foward 10 sec etc. Like sys_ys I've been looking for an audiobook player for two months now. There are only 2 free apps via the marketplace - both with severe limitations for audiobook file usage but good control settings.
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Kosh

Hi sys_ys,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the forum!

You will find a number of audiobook players, both free and paid for in Windows Phone Marketplace.

Hope this helps,

Kosh

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!

Please use plain text.