Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Auto-Upload & WiFi only?

Counsellor
colej2k
Accepted Solution

Auto-Upload & WiFi only?

I've enabled auto-upload but can't seem to see if this is WiFi only which is what I want.  If it uses my phones data-allowence it's going to get used up pretty fast??

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

If you are using an older WP7 Lumia auto upload is pretty much a waste of time as it scales down the pictures to a small size in order to save data usage. You are better off manually uploading pictures using the skydrive app when connected to wi-fi.

On newer WP8 Lumia's you do get the option to upload the full size, full quality picture over wi-fi only.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
colej2k

I'm using the 800 (7.5). Still not sure if it only uploads WiFi only or uses my phones data allowance too?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Auto upload on older Lumia's do use the mobile data, that is why the size and image quality is scaled down. It is not possible to set it to wi-fi only on older models. This is a Microsoft controlled feature, not a Nokia issue.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
colej2k

[ Edited ]

Do you have any idea if these new features on WM8 will be added to WM7.5 on the update they're talking about.  I know its not the full WM8 but it's rumoured to be very similiar?? 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Not seen anything official that mentions that feature so it's a case of wait and see as Microsoft won't comment on unannounced feature in their OS.

You may be able to find unofficial video's of WP7.8 in action by searching the internet but it's against the rules to link to them here.

Please use plain text.