Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Availability on Lumia 920 on PAYG?

Tomcio00
Accepted Solution

Availability on Lumia 920 on PAYG?

Hi,

I've been trying to buy a Nokia Lumia 920 on pay as you go for the past 3 weeks.
I am based in Derby, UK. The EE and Phones4U stores have not got any of the handsets available on PAYG.  I have visited the stores in person and called the stores on various occasions but with no luck.
One EE store had a handset available however when the assistant brought it out it was quite obviously an ex-display model which he tried to sell to me as brand new, I did not purchase that handset and was advised that there was no other stock available on PAYG.  

I think that the Lumia 920 is a brilliant handset and as an existing Iphone user I am looking forward to the change however, I am increasingly getting disillusioned with the poor availability of this phone and the fact that every EE or Phones4U store I walk into, I am actively discouraged from purchasing a Nokia.  On the other hand the assistants keep pushing the iphone and other brands.

Could you please let me know which EE store within my local area (Derby, UK) will be receiving the Lumia 920 on pay as you go?

Regards,

Tom

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Only EE can answer the question about which stores will be getting stock when as Nokia does not control the flow of stock to individual stores.

Stock has been pretty limited due to demand. Have you looked at P4U or EE website to see if you can order online?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Just checked phones 4U site and whilst they aren't available PAYG, they are available SIM free for £459.99 and they do have stock.
Please use plain text.
Tomcio00

Thanks for the reply.

I know that phones4u have the phone to order online.  But I was talking about the Derby stores in particular.  Anyway the Phones4u handsets are £50 more than EE ones.

Again thanks for the quick reply, i'll keep trying....

Please use plain text.