Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

BIG problem with my Nokia Lumia 710

patrenggai

BIG problem with my Nokia Lumia 710

So I just got my Nokia Lumia 710 last week. Everything was fine until I decided to sync my phone with Zune. At first, I was able to transfer my files to my phone. I was also successful in syncing my Facebook and Gmail. However, this morning, I hooked up my phone to my computer, and Zune automatically opened. Zune software prompted me to update my phone's applications, so I did. This included additional syncing, software upgrades, etc. However, after a long time, at about 7/9 installation, Zune said that the update was unsuccessful. After that, I saw that Zune renamed my phone from Isay to 7xx. I proceeded to safely remove my Nokia Lumia 710 from my laptop.

My problem is this: After I unplugged my phone from my computer, the image I attached here seems to be stuck on the screen. I searched on the Internet and it said that one of the reasons why this happens is because of the speck case. So I removed the case and restarted the phone. Nothing happened. When I open my phone, it will vibrate and it will show me this picture. I can't do anything else except shut it down by pulling out the battery. Oh yeah, when I connect it to my computer, Zune still automatically open,but it keeps telling me that "phone cannot be used in its present condition". I also tried WIndows Phone Support Tool, but it keeps saying that "tool cannot recover this phone". When I try to charge it, it just keeps vibrating and flashing. Could anyone please tell me what's wrong? What should I do? I just got this Nokia Lumia 710 phone last week.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Re: BIG problem with my Nokia Lumia 710

@patrenggai

As a last resort with phone switched off by pulling the battery what about trying:http://mynokiablog.com/2011/11/08/how-to-hard-reset-nokia-wps-three-finger-restart/

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
patrenggai

Yep, I already did this, too. :smileyhappy: However, instead of showing the Nokia and Windows Phone logo, what appears is still the connect-to-PC image.
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Kosh

[ Edited ]

Hi patrenggai,

Thanks for your feedback and welcome to the forum.

Please visit a Nokia Care Point where it will be possible to rewrite the Lumia firmware. This will bring your Lumia 710 back into working condition.

Hope this helps, let us know how you get on.

Kosh

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!

Please use plain text.
patrenggai

Thanks, I'm thinking of doing that this week. By the way, do I need to bring something when I go to the nearest Nokia Care Point? Do I have to bring receipt, money, etc.?
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Kosh

Proof of purchase would be good, but a Nokia Care point should be able to verify warranty status for the device.

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!

Please use plain text.