Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Battery Status Unknown...

aarontroughton

Battery Status Unknown...

Had my Lumia 800 for roughly a week.  All of a sudden the battery icon on the bar at the top of the phone is displaying the 'battery status unknown' symbol (the empty battery icon with the question mark inside) and has been displaying this for 2 days.  Ive charged, restarted and updated the phone but its still not changing to the normal battery icon.  In settings when you select battery saver it displays up-to-date battery info there but not on the top bar...

any ideas?  anyone having the same issue?

Any info would be much appreciated :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@aarontroughton

Quite a few similar posts after updating caused by the 1600.2479.7740.11451 firmware as here:/t5/Nokia-with-Windows-Phone/Battery-Status-gone-after-update-replaced-by-question-mark/m-p/1240979#...

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
aarontroughton

Thanks for the Link... I've had a read through but this seems to state that the fix is for battery life extension. Will this update also fix the unknown battery status bug?
Please use plain text.
Employee
Jason106

Did you try to restart your phone? Sometimes it recovered by itself after restart.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
JCVD

Unfortunitelly this doesn't fix the issue.
Please use plain text.
Employee
Jason106

Yes. we notice this issue and sometimes it fixed by reboot the phone. We are now trying to find the root casue of this issue and we will fix it with new SW release.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
JCVD

Jason,
Thanks for the answer. It would be great to have a confirmation once it is known that the upcoming SW update fixes the issue. Many people seem to be affected by this problem (the battery status reported in the batter saver sub-menu also seems to jump up and down).

Maybe your team should get in contact with this site:http://www.mobiletechworld.com/2011/12/09/nokia-lumia-800-battery-status-gone-after-firmware-update/ cause the guy running it seems to bea pretty knowledgeable by guy and is also affected by the problem onn one of his Lumi 800.
Please use plain text.
albertodall

I'm experiencing the same issue.
The strange thing is that the "question mark" appeared much time after the firmware update.

Immediately after the firmware update, the battery icon worked as expected.
So I've only to wait a new firmware update? No need to bring in my phone in a Nokia Authorized Technical Center?

Thanks,
Alberto

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
tomli0601

i also have this problem .Yesterday i upgraded to the newest version ,problem still exist

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Mark_S

Me too, i contacted support , they sent me form and envelope via nokia care to send it back for warranty
Please use plain text.
albertodall

I brought my phone into a Nokia Care Point to repair or (hopefully) change it.

I bought Nokia for his hardware quality, but this Lumia 800 seems really messed up. Come on Nokia, test your things before you release them, please!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
lukejade

I am 'frustratingly' experiencing the same problem as all these other Lumia 800 users and find it astonishing that the only answer nokia seem to be giving is 'hard reset' and 'wait for the update'!!.....Whilst I appreciate at least someone is sort of giving us answers, I cannot begin to fathom what the hell Nokia are playing at?? since getting my Lumia on 28th Nov there has been nothing but problems with it and the only answer people seem to be getting is 'wait for the next update'!! I updated around the 5th of Dec to which I found no difference to my battery life at all, I patiently waited for another update hoping this would fix the problem, and was overjoyed to be informed on the 28th Jan that there was another update that 'would fix battery issues' instantly I plugged my phone into my laptop and opened up that useless program known as zune! 30mins later I recieved the message 'update has been successful'........CERTAiNLY NOT SUCCESSFUL FOR ME, battery life is EVEN WORSE!! I really wish I hadn't bothered! You say in your post that 'We are now trying to find the root cause of this issue and will fix it with the new SW release'!!! Why did you not 'find the root cause' in the testing stage whilst manufacturing the phone, before customers spent £400 buying a product thats (lets be fair) not really fit for purpose? Also why would I trust ANOTHER update that not only doesn't do the job it's intended to do but actually makes other parts of the phone not work properly either (soft keys on high/medium brightness.) The next update could push me over the edge, Someone DO SOMETHING! Pleeease
Please use plain text.