Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Battery does not fully charge to 1450 mAh

Counsellor
tranz789

Battery does not fully charge to 1450 mAh

I have the Lumia 800 with the latest firmware and not impacted by the battery issue.

A strange observation. The official specs on the battery are BV-5JW 3.7V 1450mAh but my phone shows it as 1515 mAh, and it never charges beyong 1269  mAh. I get a reasonably good battery life after heavy use of the device, it lasts me more than 16 hours. But I am worried about the missing mAh on the phone. Is this something new besides the original battery issue?

Another observation on the battery capacity display.  All phones show a different battery capacity. My friends phone shows 1430 mAh, the phones on display at the Nokia store show numbers from 1415 to 1530 mAh.  Why will each phone display a unique number for the battery capacity?

Lumia 800 : N8 Black : E72 Black : E61 : N95
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Re: Battery does not fully charge to 1450 mAh

tranz789 wrote:

All phones show a different battery capacity. My friends phone shows 1430 mAh, the phones on display at the Nokia store show numbers from 1415 to 1530 mAh.  Why will each phone display a unique number for the battery capacity?

Probably a reflection upon how many complete discharge/charge cycles that individual device has been subjected to as it seems to rise as battery fully conditioned.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Advisor
msy96

My Lumia also has this issue where my Full Charge Capacity is ~1500mAh but I can only charge my phone to ~1260mAh. 

In the following thread, d3tid says that this issue is a software limitation which will be fixed in a future update: http://discussions.nokia.sg/t5/Nokia-with-Windows-Phone/Battery-Status-65535/m-p/1231607/highlight/t...

Hopefully there will be a fix because I'd like to use my batteries full capacity.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
mayafab

[ Edited ]

I posted a "verbose" piece about the battery issue here, my Lumia shows "Full Charge Capacity" at about 1,510-1,530 but the "Remaining Charge Capacity" never goes above 1,340, leading to the battery indicator NEVER showing it being full, rather when I disconnect from charger, i have about 95%.

I now have quite good battery life but I think that after the storm of issues Nokia shud "come clean" and exlpain to us, the faithful users, the meaing of all these parameters that we "guess" what they really are - for example, what is the "Full Charge Capacity" and why does it vary between devices and on the same device (I think I can guess that this is a true and best assessment of the battery's true capacity, but why do I have the "guess"?. 

Also, why is it not possible to have all these parameters in detail in ONE SINGE, easily accessible screen (perhaps "pinnable" to the main screen, or an updateable "live" tile), we all know that this is a soft-spot of ANY smartphone, without all the benefits of the smartphone device are worth zero (and perhaps even below, if you dont have ANY phone due to bettery emtpying on you mid-day), so a convenient, FRANK, and continuously updateble means to monitor the battery will help the users to plan better and devise "battery" strategies for themselves.

Please use plain text.
Sage
MrOddJob

As we all know by now there is a issue with the battery but I must be one of the lucky ones check out the pics of my own phone. So it is possible to charge the phone to full capacity if you believe the info that the phone gives you that is.

Please use plain text.