Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Battery drain issues with Nokia Lumia 710

Professor
JackMerson

@93tid In which post are you referring to? In this thread or at the other one?
If I have helped you in any way, give me a kudos! :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
93tid

JackMerson wrote:
@93tid In which post are you referring to? In this thread or at the other one?

This post - http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Nokia-with-Windows-Phone/Nokia-Lumia-710/m-p/1520580/highlight/true#...

Please use plain text.
Professor
JackMerson

Well, that was done indeed in the offline mode. I was at the overseas in my holiday. So, I don't want to pay such a high bills because of the data roaming.

At the same time, the battery life is really great in offline mode.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Jjnc

My 710 battery stays for 5hrs or so. battery s too bad. i need some help from the Nokia Suppport or any experts help plz..

Thank You..

Please use plain text.
Professor
JackMerson

Have you try changing your battery? It could be your battery is defected.
Please use plain text.
lyrocute

the battery of my Lumia 710 got drained last night for 3hrs then when i connected it to the charger, still it didnt charge.. it's just vibrating once in a while but it doesnt show it's charging already.. til now i can't open it.. i need your help guys:smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
ddt1

My wife's Lumia 710 is only 3 days old and she is experiencing serious problems. Not only that it is lasting less than 5 hours, it is also taking more than 10 hours to be fully charged!  Anyone with an idea?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
stanley18

Im having the same problem. Is ur fone ok now?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
stanley18

My lumia is not charging :smileysad: pls help me what to do. Its just vibrating once. It was drain for about 1hr and now its not charging :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
stanley18

Is ur fone ok now?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
RAJESHKOCHIN

MY LUMIA 710 BATTERY LAST ONLY 3 HOURS IF USING, OTHERWISE ONLY 07 TO 08HOURS

Please use plain text.
bickbong

Recently, my Lumia 710 often heat up for a long time, without me unlock it or browse thru anything, it will suddenly shut down. When I switch back on, the battery is indicated empty.

Anyone experience that?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
redstarSQD

[ Edited ]

My battery use was acceptable until i installed something akin to reddit for windows phone.  i then read about it causing battery life issues...even when uninstalled.    Sure enoug, i encountered the issue.  But, about a week+ on,..i have actually felt the need to register to complain that now my battery  is going from 2/3  to zero in less than an hour..and all i have done is looked at a few stock quotes and replied to a handful of facebook messages D:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
redstarSQD

well the phone seems to have fixed itself on it's own.. or deleting newser has solved my issue :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Heart13641

Yep! I just bought my phone a few months ago and one morning it never turned back on. I bought a new battery and 1 n a half WEEKs later, it's unchargeable again. so, I wasted money on a phone. I've had to spend more money I don't have to get a new one...not nokia. Very upsetting too. I liked it...except for the Tmobile carrier, but the phone itself was enjoyable.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
buddhabin

chris166 wrote:

Where in the world are you all....

This seems to be a regional thing on the lumias.

I am in the UK and my Lumia 710 came off charge at 06:30 this morning, so it was at 100%.

I have everything turned on.....location, 3g, wifi etc etc

I used satnav (Nokia Drive) for about 15 minutes.

I made a 3 minute HD video

I messed about with Bing Maps for about 10 mins.

I have sent around 10 texts and made around 5 minutes of calls.

I used youtube via Wifi for around 20 mins.

So as you can see i am not a heavy user and that is prob an average day for me.

At 18:30 tonight....so 12 hours later my battery had dreopped by about a third...so down to around 70%, which i dont think is too bad.

My HTC desire would have been down to about 50%

My Nokia N8 running bella with everything turned on and gets about the same use as the 710 or maybe a bit more for calls has just dropped down to 50% after 2 and a half days from last charge.

chris166 wrote:

Where in the world are you all....

This seems to be a regional thing on the lumias.

I am in the UK and my Lumia 710 came off charge at 06:30 this morning, so it was at 100%.

I have everything turned on.....location, 3g, wifi etc etc

I used satnav (Nokia Drive) for about 15 minutes.

I made a 3 minute HD video

I messed about with Bing Maps for about 10 mins.

I have sent around 10 texts and made around 5 minutes of calls.

I used youtube via Wifi for around 20 mins.

So as you can see i am not a heavy user and that is prob an average day for me.

At 18:30 tonight....so 12 hours later my battery had dreopped by about a third...so down to around 70%, which i dont think is too bad.

My HTC desire would have been down to about 50%

My Nokia N8 running bella with everything turned on and gets about the same use as the 710 or maybe a bit more for calls has just dropped down to 50% after 2 and a half days from last charge.

Battery drain is a serious issue with this phone, because My company has purchased this phone for their staffs( around 10) everyone is drained out of battery by afternoon.  They all carry portable charger nnow. 

Please use plain text.
OVERLORDCHAOS

[ Edited ]

hello everyone i am new here, just got my nokia lumia 710 with windows phone. updated all was nice and fine.

the problem was this battery drain...

read this forum and others on the internet and in my case got the solution:

shut down the 3G, nokia gps car app, nokia maps app, mail app put manual download of mail. 

i discovered the wifi wont drain my battery, specially in my house there is 2 wifi routers covering up all the house, even part of the street lol.

only when i go outside my house and i really need internet and/or the gps i turn it on. the 3G i mean.

apparently the 3G antenna and the internet usage drains out the battery of this cellphone. other than that no issue.

well my issue its, why i cannot put an .mp3 song as a ringtone? or there is some way i have not learn yet?

i think its stupid a smartphone not supporting to choose a song as a ringtone dont you think?

Please use plain text.
utkarsh247

guys... i having dis prob since last weak. i had it once more a few months back but resetting d phone made it normal... but this tym i have reset it and to check d battery life i charged it n kept d phone in flight mode and silent. but still d phone did last 4 only around 24 hrs... plz help me. 

Can i get my handset replaced if its in warranty???

Please use plain text.
utkarsh247

[ Edited ]

sorry everyone 4 troubling u all. my lumia got well after a few charges... n now its giving a battery backup of more than 4 days... 

Please use plain text.