Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Battery drain so quickly after update lumia 80...

Contributor
alexchapko

Re: Battery drain so quickly after update lumia 800

Yeah, just noticed the same behaviour on my phone, yesterday after charging was about 1 day and 7 hours, today after charging 1 day and 1 hour. Is there presented someone from Nokia who can comment this behaviour on the brand new phone?

Please use plain text.
pianist88

Today i went to a few Nokia Stores and took a look at their Lumia 800s on display..  They were running on an older FW, i couldnt remember the number tho.. 1600.... When i unplugged them from the power source, their full charge battery life was 2 days 7 hours... Me on the current FW 1750.0805.8773.12220 can get 18-20 hours max on a full charge.. Is there anyway we could downgrade to an older FW? Seeing 2 days plus full charge battery life on other Lumia 800s with older FW just makes me sick with mine :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
hb100

I am envious. My Lumia 800 last supposedly 14-17h in after charging, but in reality it is more 10 hours (no games, at most 20 minutes internet/email). Just stand-by is perhaps 24 hours. This is my second Lumia 800, the first one was the same.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
AndriP

Similar story here.

I've had my Lumia 800 for 8 months now. For the first few months the battery was terrible, barely lasting the day, 12-16 hours. After an update in the spring it finally got good like it supposed to be, lasting  2-3 days depending on usage. I was getting 2 days with 3G and Wifi always on and two mail accounts syncing every hour and just other regular usage.

Last week I did a software-reset on the phone to change LiveID account and change the marketplace. I installed all the latest updates, the same apps and using the same settings as before and now I'm back to very poor battery life, around 16 hours.

Can Nokia please make comment on this and recommend a solution.

Please don´t try to blame it on the settings or background apps draining the phone.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
nemes

[ Edited ]

I have the same problem, but with a c2-03. Recently updated firmware and battery life is woeful. I am not even a large user. Very small usage, phone mainly on standby but on a supposedly full battery after 1 or 2 phone calls (short) and texts the battery drains to about 1 bar.

Phone was working fine before update and could go at least 4 days, sometimes more on a single charge. Now I'm having to do it every day or so.

Nokia - where's your response to your customers. And yes...don't blame it on settings and apps. Clearly when it's happening on a non-smart phone with very little usage, on a different model, it's a firmware issue.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Jandieg

Same problem since I upgraded to 1750.
Lasts 18 max.
Is Nokia going to take action?
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Jandieg

This sounds nonsense but after I deleted a 3rd email account I had temporarily configured, the battery seems fine again. I also enabled and again disabled Find My Phone, could also be that...
Please use plain text.
Advisor
arontria

Hi, i bought a lumia 800. So any updates now with the battery problem users are facing?
Please use plain text.
Advisor
arontria

My fullcharged Lumia 800 showing estimated time remaining: 1 day & 20 hours with Battery Saver turned on.  Is this stable?

OS version: 7.10.8773.98

Firmware: ........8773.12220

Please use plain text.
Advisor
NihilantWonder

I also experience this issue. The battery life is slowly decreasing every single charge...this is a bug. I was able to use the phone (average daily usage) around 45-48 hours...now only 20 hours...

Please use plain text.
Advisor
NihilantWonder

OK I just did a full restore (and this really **bleep** me off) and the battery seems to act normal again. I WILL KEEP AN EYE OUT ON THIS. And check it after every charge/discharge and every single use of an app to see what caused this issue if it comes back.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
NihilantWonder

Well  :-D I only installed all apps I had. I havent used any app just installed them after a clean reset thats all I have done. And its already down to 18 hours at 75% battery. Before the installation i had 1 day and 15 hours at 91% battery.

This is some kind of a bug. Ill go later in the afternoon to my friends at Nokia Care Center here in town and ask them about this.

Please use plain text.