Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Battery information and Tips for Lumia 820 and...

Registered Member
emg1

Re: Battery information and Tips for Lumia 820 and 920

New 920 user. What are the best practices for charging the phone? Should it be mostly discharged before recharging? Does it hurt (shorten battery life) to put it on the charger when it's only partially discharged? Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
goony

i have 3g..wifi..email sync all ON all the time, and my phone regularly goes nearly 2 days on a full charge..

No issues here whatsoever..  :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Sorry if I've missed this but I have no Settings/Applications/Block Background Tasks. See the very first post of this thread. I've a 920 btw.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
IMNdi

Of course you do. Screenshot, please.

(Hold down Win key and press the lock button to take a shot, then upload it somewhere and paste the link.

Just to make sure we are on the same page, once you enter "Settings" (with "Ringtones+sounds", Theme, etc), on the top where it says "System" it should say "System" "Applications" with different colors. Tapping on "Applications brings up a second menu.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Never heard of a 920 without this setting. Is your an operator variant?If you goto Settings>About>phone information, what does it say for Carrier?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
DonQuijote

Hi Raul_Duke

Great high quality info you have given. A pleasure to have this type of good information available.

I just have an additional question to the following info:

14. Disable unnecessary background applications. Especially Lumia 810, 820, 822 and 920 users; please check that Nokia Drive+ Beta app is blocked (set to Off) in background tasks. On the start screen, swipe left, and select Settings, from settings swipe left to Applications tab > Background tasks. 

What are the background jobs doing for the applications named?

What do I miss by blocking these baskground jobs?

Maybe you can give me a link where to find the answers?

Kindly

DonQuijote

Please use plain text.
manoj_junjun

I bought Lumia 820 3 weeks back.My battery is draining fastly.Before sleeping I have 100% charging and after I woke up I lose mininum 10% battery.I normally go to sleep at 12:00AM and woke up at 6:00 AM.Within 6 six hours I am losing 10% drain when every background task is off.Wifi off,bluetooth off,NFC off,Location off,Data connection off,In games connect with xbox off,brightness low,Touch sensitivity low,Screen time out 30seconds.Almost for every 10 min without using phone I lose 1% battery and everything set to off.Is the problem with the battery or should I change any other settings.Please help me.I also attached screen shots.
Please use plain text.
digudc

Hello Everybody,

I bit worry with battery charge. today early morning  i kept my nokia lumia 920 for charging . i don't remeber the time when i start charging which make confuse. but when i check for 2nd time ,it was 50 percentage charging and i slept ,then suddenly when i wake up it was charged and remove from power and i got worried wheather i have over charged but my girlfriend said when you check for 2nd time then after sometimes she wake me up  and i removed charger ,as she said.

but phone was not hot.if i mistakenly charge for extra 30 min , will this going to be effect my phone life  

Could you please help me with my this worry ? Many Thanks. have a nice day

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
93tid

You have nothing to worry about. Today's batteries have charging management software which stops the charge when the battery reaches full charge.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
TheEnzo

I have found my 820 mis-reports battery levels. I am going both off an APP AND the system itself - eg, it was reporting 60% battery level, both in the app and on the battery level indicator in WP8. I rebooted the phone and the battery level now reported 87% in both. Yes, rebooting apparently boosted my battery level by 27%!

Somebody has got their algorythms messed up.....

If you're running low, give it a try, your phone might be LYING.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
boon3232

Hi Raoul,

Please use plain text.
Contributor
GrStaKa

For those having battery issues after following this guide:

I highly suggest turning off your phone after each and every update that is applied.

After performing this ritual, I am now up to a 5 day stand-by time and under heavy use I get a two day charge. I think the max I can go is 10 hours of constant use. The only thing I haven't done is run movies non-stop, but I get about 10 hours on my normal routine which is play / stream Nokia music on the way to work - play video games and browse the web during work - while talking and texting - stream music all the way home, then set the phone down. Sadly - my charge would drain faster when I finally set the phone down for the day...until I started power-cycling after app updates.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
duncan0622

yes, I had same experience. I always challenge the batter guage isn't accurate. Actually the battery isn't drains fast but the system detects it very wrongly(the prove is you got noticable power baak after reboot).  The most fatal is when the phone detects remaining life wrongly, it also shuts my phone down even though my phone still has power in reality.

And reboot does help to recalibrate your battery gauge. However, after a couple hours of use, it goes back to be inaccurate again. 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
xrashedx

Thank you very much, it is very important and useful, it helps me 👍
Please use plain text.
Contributor
MarjanS

Hi,

I'm realy disapointed that my new Lumia 820 is experiencing quick batery drain. I used to folow every instructions, to turn off: back apps, data transfer, wifi, gps apps (drive), saving batery much as I can with that mode turned on, low light of the screeen, even i switched to 2G, but still draining fast. 
So even this is a way to save batery, whats the point? it's a smart phone, I bought it to use all this features without problem. I realy trusted nokia because of my Express Music N 5800, which was very good. 
I want to know if is any hope for this issue, is it due to batery, or is it due the hardware and software? Can this staff be improved?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
MarjanS

God bless you, you are the lucky one :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Chambe1969

I was experiencing fast draining of battery on my lumia 820 and i have just done according to instructions written here, now iam watching if the result is ok.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Einsteinium

For all of you with a lumia 820. Here is a tip to keep the battery from falling out when you swap covers. Just stick some sellotape as shown in the picture.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
lakimbee

Hi,

I have a new lumia 920 since yesterday. NO APPS installed. The phone is at 100% and it says 8 hours remaining.

Yesterday I let it plugged until 100%. then this morning battery saver was already on and It was down to 9%.

What's wrong ? is this a bad unit ?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
LadyX3

My battery life is pretty good now, have had this phone since it was launched last November, I have noticed as well , the battery drains quickly after updates, some more than others, but think this is understandable, I also have been turning my phone off after updates and this seems to work , don't do it all the time though, but when I do , battery is good.

Please use plain text.