Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Battery

Contributor
CFlynn

Battery

Hi there,

I purchased a Nokia Lumia 800 last October in Ireland.  I am now living in Perth, Australia.  The battery on my phone wont charge at all. 

I went into a Vodafone store and they told me to contact Nokia.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Re: Battery

Have you tried charging with another charger and cable?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
CFlynn

Yes, I bought a new charger and I also tried in a Vodafone store.

They said there is no Nokia store in Perth and Vodafone won't fix it for me as I bought it in a different country.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

[ Edited ]

It is true that Nokia warranties are only valid in the country of purchase or any country in Europe in your case. Perhaps you could send it to a friend in Ireland. You could also try contacting a Nokia Care point in Ireland. They may accept it by post.  I can help you with contact details. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
CFlynn

Hi, thanks for your reply!

The cost of posting the phone back to Ireland would be too expensive!  Not happy that the Warranty doesn't extend to another country!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Unfortunately that is normal for phones. You will find the same with most other makes.

Since most of the Nokia Care points are run by contractors, perhaps you could try approaching them directly to see if they will fix it for a fee. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
CFlynn

Okay thanks for your help.

I'll try that and if it doesn't work I'll just throw the phone into the bin!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Whatever you do, don't throw it yet. You have a 2 year warranty with that phone. You may be able to get it fixed next time you are back or send it back with a friend. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
CFlynn

Cheers, I guess I will have to make do without a phone for a while!

Not impressed that the battery has gone affer ONLY 7 months!!!

Won't be buying this phone again...

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

It doesn't normally go after 7 months. I've had my Lumia 800 since Nov 2011 and still going strong. It is currently doing the rounds among friends who want to sample a windowsphone. Have you been charging it a lot? 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
CFlynn

Hi, I just rang Nokia, Australia.  They said there would be a $35 fee to look at the phone and that I might have to pay extra to get it fixed.  They also said it would take 1 - 2 weeks.

I'm just going to buy a new phone all together, a lot less hassle!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

You could buy a new phone for the moment, but do hang on to the Lumia 800. Give it to the next friend coming home to get it fixed. If nothing else, you will have a spare phone. Remember there is a 2 year warranty on thge phone. 

Please use plain text.