Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Bluetooth - Lumia 800 and N8

Mobile Visionary
rich
Accepted Solution

Bluetooth - Lumia 800 and N8

When I fist got the Lumia this week, contacts transferred easily from my N8 via Bluetooth.

However since then I can't connect the phones via Bluetooth.

N8 thinks it's paired, but Lumia says the N8 is not supported.

Equally I can't just send content (eg picture) to the Lumia from the N8

N8 running Anna

Do other folks have this problem or not. Seems a bit odd to me.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

[ Edited ]

@rich

There is no BT file transfer protocol supported in Windows Mobile 7.5 so you will have to email or use the Cloud. It was progress to have ability to transfer contacts to Lumia 800 via Bluetooth when setting up!

If both users had Windows Mobile 7.5 devices you could use this application:http://www.windowsphone.com/en-IE/apps/b7a5fbb8-d55a-e011-854c-00237de2db9e

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
rich

Thanks for the info - I guess it's one for their list!

Please use plain text.
belmontturbo

ive just bumped it the same problem with my lumia i had the nokia N900 before and it let you do pretty much anything you wanted and was hoping to upgrade to the N9 but nokia decided to bring the lumia out instead in the uk and its just like an iphone which is why i didn't get an iphone! can't do the simplest things! I feel like ive downgraded my phone not upgraded! annoyed! nokia need to sort it out

Please use plain text.
DickBarton

I have not managed to complete the 'Contacts Transfer' via bluetooth.  The Lumia 800 gives the error message 'Not supported' as mentioned in the first posting here.  I have tried pairing with Nokia N900, N95 8GB, a Samsung Galaxy Ace and a Samsung Galaxy Mini and an HTC desire.  The best I can get is that the other device shows the Lumia 800 as 'paired' (though please note that this is not the same as 'connected') but as I said, the Lumia 800 gives the 'not supported' message.

It seems that at least one other person has this problem; has anyone else seen it? Can anyone propose a solution or have I got a faulty handset?

Thanks in advance.

Please use plain text.
jonathan1241775

I have just turned on my Lumia 800 (very shiny) and similarly to the above posts i have not been able to move contacts over. I will try some other methods as mentioned. I also tried moving some photos by bluetooth from my old phone and from my pc, also seemed not to work. Has anyone managed to get a bluetooth headset to connect? I will be buying a new one but not if its not going to work with the phone.

Thanks

Jonathan

Please use plain text.
yawarkhan12345

Yh this is totally a blow from Nokia.. i got the lumia few days ago and just found out that i cant bluetooth my songs and my photos from my nokia c7... this is the exact reason i didnt want to buy the iphone.. but now i think i will just return the lumia and get the iphone... nothing especial bout this phone... i am very upset with this new downgraded feature of the noka lumia.... :@ :@ :@

Please use plain text.
DickBarton

Transfer your files to your computer via the USB cable then connect the Lumia and use Zune to choose the file directories to synchronise to the Lumia.  It will be much quicker than using bluetooth.

Please use plain text.
mitchell1989

I just bought the Lumia 800 in Inida and I tried sending a song to another Lumia 800.. . But It kept saying "not supported". . I am very disappointed with this. . someone please help . . .Nokia please fix this problem. .

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
aksraiz

[ Edited ]

I am also facing with the same problem, if you get some solution then please let me also know...I would be very grateful to you. you may contact me at 

MODERATORS NOTE: E-mail address has been removed. Sharing of personal information is not allowed on the forums. Please do not share sensitive or personal information as it could threaten your personal security.

Please use plain text.
gipsy7777

As mentioned, there is no BT File transfer protocol supported for Windows Phone 7.5 since it's using the cloud. Same case with iPhone. Did tried as well to Bluetooth connectivity both Samsung WP 7.5 and Lumia 800 result is "not supported". You have to be adopted with this reality, so transfer all your files in the "Cloud" which is more faster and memory space saver.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

gipsy7777 wrote:transfer all your files in the "Cloud" which is more faster and memory space saver.

Utter nonsense. How can it be faster if you have to first upload a file, then send a link and then have the file downloaded by the other person, not to mention having to use data. There may be arguments for using the Cloud, bu this is not one of them.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
LenardG

Not to mention, the "cloud" way requires an internet connection. It was just last month when I was away from the internet for some days. But I could still transfer photos from my N8 to a notebook with bluetooth, without the need to install any applications (like Zune), have cables, etc etc.

I just can't think of any acceptable excuse to leave out bluetooth file transfer from a phone - or not being able to appear as a USB drive to a computer. As it is, WP is a step back from the many features of S^3 in my eyes. Sad.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
peruna

You have to start the connection from Nokia N8 and then pair it with Lumia. Like this it works like a charm :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
garona

I feel the same. I thought I am buying a smart phone that can be used to do simple daily tasks. But no!! Cannot connect my home DLNA network, cannot watch the pictures or videos on my TV wirelessly, cannot print out the documents from the phone, cannot share pictures, songs, videos neither through bluetooth nor a WI-FI. Is this Microsoft`s idea to connect people together??
Please use plain text.
garona

Well, actually nothing seems to work on Lumia when it comes to Bluetooth or WI-FI connection.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ehisochicha

Thank
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Not only Nokia Windows's phones, all Window 7 phones are non supportive of using Bluetooth to transfer files ( music, video clips & so forth) to another phone. That was the deal breaker for me & I went for the N9 instead even though it has been labelled as a dead OS before it was even born. With the demise of Symbian imminent & Nokia is left with only Window & S40 OS. Looks like I have to go elsewhere in the very near future.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
THgiam

I am too. Very upset to have windows phone.. The basic contact transfer also can not be done. How can we start use this new lumia???? The 100mb of zune application, for me I will rating to 0 point, use less. (only can transfer picture, music, photo, ) where the rest of function like backup, syn with outlook ????

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
gunnerm

Absolute joke what Nokia have done. My partner got a New Lumia 800 and i have an N8. 1st she couldn't transfer contacts from her old Samsung phone. Now we cannot send any pictures to each other via bluetooth. I have been loyal to Nokia for over 10 years now. Am seriously considering getting rid after this debacle. This phone is not so Smart

Please use plain text.