Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Bluetooth pairing problems

Counsellor
Clando

I have downloaded the file n installed it on my PC. It has detected my phone n software version 2175.2307.8862.13100 is awaiting installation. Do I need to do anything before commencing the installation?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
93tid

That is the firmware version you reported is already on your handset, therefore there is no point in proceeding with the re-installation.

As already stated, you have a US version Lumia 900, for which Bluetooth Share is not available, because the firmware version supporting Bluetooth Share is not available for your version of the Lumia 900.

So there is no solution for your problem, sorry for the bad news.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

Which Nokia Product Code does the Nokia Software Recovery Tool show for your Nokia Lumia 900?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Clando

Ok. Is there a way I can send n receive files using my without using Bluetooth Share?
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Clando

059P348
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
93tid

Clando wrote:
Ok. Is there a way I can send n receive files using my without using Bluetooth Share?

Not over bluetooth. You can send and receive over email.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Clando

that I already do. Its not a solution at all to this problem. You told me there was a solution but you have just said there isn't.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
93tid

You said there is a new firmware available to install on your handset, which would have been the solution. It turned out to be the same firmware which you already have, so that solution is gone.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Clando

Yes there is another version on your support website. It's 2175.2905.885x.124x0
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Clando

the require OS version is 7.10.8862.144 is it possible that I can get this OS install on my phone?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
93tid

[ Edited ]

Clando wrote:
Yes there is another version on your support website. It's 2175.2905.885x.124x0

It's not my support site, I have no connection to Microsoft or Nokia whatsoever, I am just another Nokia user like you.

Does the Recovery Tool offer you the option to install this firmware version ?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
93tid

Clando wrote:
the require OS version is 7.10.8862.144 is it possible that I can get this OS install on my phone?

Does the Recovery Tool offer you the option to install that version ?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Clando

it does not
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
93tid

It might still be possible to install that firmware on your handset, however such unofficial methods cannot be discussed in this forum, You'll have to google it.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Clando

Any tips
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
93tid

Be sure you really want to do it, as you can brick your phone if something goes wrong and may not be able to recover it. That's all I can say. The rest is out there.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Clando

Thanks a mil man
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

[ Edited ]

059P348 is a firmware variant for AT&T. Firmware 2175.2307.8862.13100 is the last version for that variant. That version is too old for Bluetooth Share. You need a newer firmware which is possible with another Nokia Product Code only. Changing that, is out of the scope of our Nokia Support Discussion Board as of its rules.

Please use plain text.