Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Bluetooth will not connect to a 710

Contributor
raymp
Accepted Solution

Bluetooth will not connect to a 710

I have a lumina :w00t:o, wife has  lumia 710.

Bluetooth will not pair.

Message i get on the 800 is " Nokia Lumia 710 will not connect"

The codes are the same

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Re: Bluetooth will not connect to a 710

That is normal behaviour as neither phone currently supports bluetooth file transfer. So at the moment there is no need to pair windows phones to other phones. This may change in a future software update if Microsoft decides to allow bluetooth file transfers.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
raymp

Why won't a lumia 800 connect to a lumia 710?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

They cannot connect to each other because they have no reason to. Why do you want to connect them when it's not currently possible to transfer files between them?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
raymp

Yes they have reason to.

To send a file or photo to or from a phone.

Bluetooth does that on any other phone or device.

No point in bluetooth even being in a phone if it cant be used wherever or with what devices i choose.

May as well unistall it.

Craziest thing i have ever heard " it won't connect becasue it has no reason to" it has a reason to send a photo to another device.

I would not have bought these phones if i know that.

Why isnt it in the specs?

"Phone has bluetooth that will not connect because it has no reason to"

What does it have that does not work becasue it has no reason to?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

[ Edited ]

As I clearly stated in my first post Bluetooth file transfers are not supported. That being the case it is not possible to pair lumia's for transferring files. Pairing with Bluetooth audio accessories and car kits is supported.

MODERATORS NOTE: Inflamatory remarks removed. Please behave in a civilized manner in accordance with the guidelines. Thanks for understanding.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
bbuckle

[ Edited ]

The fact that Bluetooth file transfer is not supported is the issue. 

MODERATORS NOTE: Inflamatory remarks removed. Please behave in a civilized manner in accordance with the guidelines. Thanks for understanding.

Please use plain text.