Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Build 2012 Lumia 920 bricked after Hard Reset ...

Contributor
Marianosz

Build 2012 Lumia 920 bricked after Hard Reset - Need of original ROM (RM-820_nam_canada_246)

My Lumia 920 got bricked after a Hard Reset.

I keeps on the NOKIA logo screen.

I need the RM-820_nam_canada_246 ROM to flash it.

Where I can found it?

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Re: Build 2012 Lumia 920 bricked after Hard Reset - Need of original ROM (RM-820_nam_canada_246)

You should send it to your local Nokia Care Point. Attempting it yourself could invalidate your warranty. 

Yo can locate your nearest care point using the link below.

www.nokia.com/support

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Marianosz

Re: Build 2012 Lumia 920 bricked after Hard Reset - Need of original ROM (RM-820_nam_canada_246)

[ Edited ]

I think that too. The problem is I´m from Argentina, and there is no Nokia Care Points here.
I really need a response from Nokia...

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

This is a user to user support forum so you wont hear from Nokia. Even if you did, they will tell you to go to your nearest care point. I have a suggestion for you. first try to press and hold the vol down + power button for around 10 seconds until the phone vibrates. If this does not work try plugging the charger in athen try the same again. If this does not work try pressing and holding the vol down+power+camera buttons. Release the power button when the phone vibrates and release the other 2 button 5 seconds later. If this does not work try the reset below. 

Step 1
Make sure the charger is disconnected.
1. Switch the power Off.
2. Press and hold the Volume down and connect the charger, if succeed an exclamation mark (!) is shown on the screen.

(To exit press the Volume Down + Power Key and hold them for 10 seconds).

Step 2
Then input Keys in the following order:
1. Volume up
2. Volume down
3. Power
4. Volume down

Step 3
The phone will reset and boot up automatically.

Failing this again, leave the phone switched until the battery goes flat and the phne dies itself. then plug in the charger and let it charge to full

This are all things that have worked for various people so worth tryting

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Marianosz

I have tried all of them, and none works.
Thanks anyway, but I need to found the Rom for my phone to flash it again.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Just as long as you realise that it invalidates your warranty. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Marianosz

The phone has no warranty and sadly its unusable thanks a HUGE bug on the hard reset...

Its a shame because the phone is great and development for it is a win!

Seriously Nokia has to take responsability on it.

Please use plain text.
sundust

Thanks for your hint, finally I got my bricked 920 back to normal!:thumbsup:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
halobolola

my regular one bricked too.

had to be sent to a useless repair point. over a week and they havent done a thing. All it needs is to have the os reinstalled 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
laurentl

did you find a way to get it fixed? I got same problem a month ago and I tried to send it to repair without success. They told me that they did not support a US device (I live in Denmark).

This week I wrote to Nokia and I'm waiting for their answer.

Did you find the ROM?

thanks

Laurent

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mandartd

[ Edited ]
Same problem with one of my Lumia 920. My live tiles suddenly ceased to update, hence I decided to hard reset my phone.

Now it only shows the Nokia logo. Bricked!!

MS/Nokia please please help.

I am from Mumbai, India and my Lumia 920 is an unlocked one purchased from Dubai.

Thanks
Mandar
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
LeonMe

[ Edited ]

Hi guys. I had the same problem as you (with the Build Conference phone). It got bricked after doing a Factory Reset. Funny enough, I did that as it was requested by Nokia because because of another support ticket. The answer I posted earlier was not accepted because of the forums policy, but you'll need to ask Nokia Support if they reflash your ROM for the RM-820 AT&T (pentaband). That solves it.

Please use plain text.
Ronmocha

I have same problem i did a hard reset...and now its nothing the gears showing up for the past few hours now....can anybody help??.....

I have already repeated this so many times....its plug in to the outlet but it says that it needs to be charged...

CAn anyone help please!!???....

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
vzczc

I have the same problem, bricked Build 920, happend a couple of weeks ago. Sent it to Nokia Care, and they can/will not help. Say that it is an American model with no warranty.

Where you able to fix yours? I have tried flashing a few ROMS onto it, but it does not work. Can't seem to find the correct ROM.

Please use plain text.