Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Calendar alerts / alarm

paulgr

Calendar alerts / alarm

Hi

I just got my new lumia 800 and I am very pleased apart from the calendar alert sounds, they are so short that i am missing them I only get a couple of seconds of sound and it is not enough.

Please can someone help as it is one of the main things i use the phone for.

thank you

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@paulgr

This remains a limitation of Windows Mobile 7.5 unfortunately:http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/winphone/forum/wp7-wpstart/change-sound-for-reminders-in-nokia-lu...

Although one can now alter sound for text/IM, voicemail and email the situation in relation to calendar has not altered in Windows Phone 8 unfortunately.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
paulgr

Thank you for the reply.

I cant believe somthing so basic yet important as a calendar reminder altert is so basic as to be almost useless.

I am very dissapointed as it is somthing I really use alot.

Please use plain text.
Jonathen

[ Edited ]

I know this might sound like a mission, but its a small price to pay instead of missing an appointment. Go to Alarms and set an alarm to correspond to the time that you would want the calendar reminder to alert you, as you can change the alert tone under Alarms when you choose to add a new alarm and under "Sound" you can change the tone. Also whats handy about the "Alarms" is that you can choose to repeat the alarm "only once" or you can choose which day of the week, or multiple days of the week.

Hope this helps, but it would be nice if Nokia / Microsoft could integrate this into the calendar for the reminder tone, as Nokia used to have something like this on their symbian devices  (C05-03 and C7) that I know of. :thumbsup:

Please use plain text.